Dodge SRT Forum banner
381 - 400 of 409 Posts

·
Registered
12,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #381 ·
If i had any idea 1,598,265 people would have clicked this thread back when I made it like 7 years ago I would have said NO WAY.

·
Registered
10,623 Posts
I'd love to see the good ole Map Clamp make a return.

The trend is make as much power as possible for the least amount of money possible (like it was in the old days yeah?)

so you'd think the tried and true waste gate, exhaust, map clamp combo would be very popular now a days.

·
Registered
7,310 Posts

The trend is make as much power as possible for the least amount of money possible (like it was in the old days yeah?)
While some people were super cheap when the cars were new things like map clamps were common mostly because there weren't any other real options for tuning and other solutions and parts available today.

You may get your wish though. As the cars are getting older, just like the other turbo Dodge models before the SRT-4, as they get cheaper and more beat up on the used market there will always be people looking for the cheapest ways to make them go faster. Even if the engine doesn't lasts for long and finding even cheaper ways to fix the damage they caused. :lol:

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
Interesting read. First time I've seen this thread. I haven't read the whole thing but I never knew you got your best times with a ported manifold!?

·
Registered
943 Posts
This may be a game changer. I thought the only rule was untouched stock turbo and technically the mani is part of the turbo. Nicks car Im 100% sure was untouched.

·
Registered
5,779 Posts
so dan's stock turbo time is really 11.92 @ 114mph cause I believe the manifold can't be ported, right?

·
Registered
12,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #389 ·
Back in the day it was stock turbo manifold didn't matter I think somebody wanted to make some other record or something.

·
Registered
12,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #390 ·
If there was an issue it would have been mentioned like 5 years ago since it was no secret

·
Registered
943 Posts
If there was an issue it would have been mentioned like 5 years ago since it was no secret
There abit of confusion about the rules of the mani. I want to port mine and Know it will make some difference but others want it to stay untouched to stay "stock turbo". Im stock so no big deal I will go with whatever.

·
Registered
12,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #392 ·
It was no big deal to me and to be honest there is no real gain as you can see with the stock mani's making the same power or going faster than I did. I'm never on here or I would have mentioned it wherever there was confusion. Everyone knew about it not only from this thread but also I think I posted pics in ptp's section when I got it.

·
Premium Member (Lifetime), SRT of the Month
9,177 Posts
I say Mani don't matter. Hell if you wanna make a custom tubular Mani and slap a stock turbo on there its game.
Imo
Only rules is

Turbo is stock untouch 0 miles or 150k+ miles
No nitrous (single power adder)
Only 1 stock Turbo.
That's it

·
Registered
943 Posts
I say Mani don't matter. Hell if you wanna make a custom tubular Mani and slap a stock turbo on there its game.
Imo
Only rules is

Turbo is stock untouch 0 miles or 150k+ miles
No nitrous (single power adder)
Only 1 stock Turbo.
That's it
Ive seen the stock mani go to 360whp but its the mid range that Im after that porting helps with.

That 360 was on a BWS turbo car

·
Registered
18,140 Posts
This may be a game changer. I thought the only rule was untouched stock turbo and technically the mani is part of the turbo. Nicks car Im 100% sure was untouched.

That is nonsense. The turbo is what matters not the manifold. You can do anything you want from port it to cut it apart to making a tube manifold as long as the turbo remains untouched.

·
Registered
943 Posts

·
Registered
5,779 Posts
Well that's gay... seems like this whole time it was supposed to be a stock manifold. You shouldn't be able to cut up shit and modify it but ok I guess. So an external wastegate is ok, too?

·
Premium Member (Lifetime), SRT of the Month
9,177 Posts
Not sure why yall can't grasp. Its s stock turbo record. As long as the Turbo is stock it counts. Its stock a stock manifold record.
:) :)
Off rant

I was to slow not even in the playing field.

·
Super Moderator
28,886 Posts

so you'd think the tried and true waste gate, exhaust, map clamp combo would be very popular now a days.
Many people nowadays want to spend as much money as possible... more power to them if they have the money. But I will always respect the owners who can get the same or better results with significantly less money spent.

381 - 400 of 409 Posts