Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have any tips on how to get the heat shield bolts off so I can get to the wga. I got 2 off but the other ones won't budge.I sprayed some shit on it. I even broke a (cheap)10mm socket on one of them.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
mine were actually easy. came off like BAM and it was off. didnt even scrap meh knuckles. keep working it dood, thats the only tip i can give. lol

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
The bolts appear to be installed with blue Locktite. Get a good ratcheting box end wrench and go to it. If you are using a socket make sure it's a good quality 6 point, the bolts are made of copper and the heads round off easily.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
haljensen1 said:
The bolts appear to be installed with blue Locktite. Get a good ratcheting box end wrench and go to it. If you are using a socket make sure it's a good quality 6 point, the bolts are made of copper and the heads round off easily.
Im trying to take the heat shield off. I sprayed some WD40 and now Im working on the bolt closest to the coolant tank. Its freakin tight! Wont budge. The damn bolt is nearly rounded.
How the hell am I suppose to get it off? Im gonna hold off installing the new WGA until I find the right tool. HELP

·
Registered
736 Posts
I dont see how that one is so hard to get off. Just use a ratchet with a 6 point should come right off. Try to tighten it a little bit than losen it up. Hope this help stick with it. It went on it has to come off.

·
Registered
441 Posts
What worked for me was getting a ratcheting wrench and first trying to tighten the bolts. Don't just push, you have to apply sudden pressure to break the bolts loose. Then try to unscrew them. It took me a little while and a lot of sweating and grunting but they all came out. Another tip: don't reinstall all of the heat shield bolts. Its unnecessary. Just put the top-center one back in and tighten it down. I did this to prevent the trouble of having to take them all out every time I had to adjust the WGA, and it holds everything down tight, no rattling.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Just got done with the New AGP WGA install. I gave up on the bolt on heat shield next to the coolant tank. I got the other 4 off. And I just lifted the right side of the the heat shield to access the wga arm. The two bolts on the stock wga was another challenge. I got them off though. But in the process I dropped a small wrench in the heat shield housing. I think its sitting on the bottom portion of the heat shield. Cant see it though. But I know its there. I tried using a flexi-claw to retrieve it BUT no joy. So I decided to move on with the install since I cant take the heat shield housing apart.

I just wanna make sure I did this right. Im not using a boost controller. I disconnected the black and green line on Solenoid # 2 and capped them both off. I ran a 7/32" vacuum line from the turbo to the new WGA WITH a air bleed connector in between.
After the install, took her for a drive. Now boosting between 17-19 psi. :clap: with a few spikes here and there.
Also noticed the the MOPAR BOV a bit louder...hmmm :lol:
Overall, Im content with this new AGP WGA.
What do you guys think?

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
ChriSRT-4 said:
Just got done with the New AGP WGA install. I gave up on the bolt on heat shield next to the coolant tank. I got the other 4 off. And I just lifted the right side of the the heat shield to access the wga arm. The two bolts on the stock wga was another challenge. I got them off though. But in the process I dropped a small wrench in the heat shield housing. I think its sitting on the bottom portion of the heat shield. Cant see it though. But I know its there. I tried using a flexi-claw to retrieve it BUT no joy. So I decided to move on with the install since I cant take the heat shield housing apart.
All I have to say is :jester: ....been there done that bro.... welcome to the club! ("the club" also includes those whose Mopar BOV installs took more than 1 day :lol: )

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.