Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got a stock hood and had it shipped via UPS and this is how I got it. They won't even tell me if they are going to pay to have it fixed. It was $816.38CDN damage. The hood was wrapped in lot's of bubble wrap and cardboard, even the driver who dropped it off at my house told me that it was wrapped really well. The whole hood was so bent out of shape that the hinges wouldn't match up.

667 Posts
Couldn't agree more...... FEDEX RULEZ!!!!!

Don't know how UPS works, but with us, on the AWB's there is a section called "Carriage value" which is the amount that the shipment is insured for (not officially insurance, but basically the same thing. If that section is not filled out then we are only liable for $100. The charge is $1.00 for every $100 over the initial $100. ie: Carriage value = $1000, you are charged $9.00 Well worth it.

As far as packaging is concerned, I've seen people wrap a DVD player in brown paper and think it will make it through a sort...... Good luck. In all honesty though, the pick-up courier should inform the shipper if packaging is not sufficient.

At FedEx, large pieces, like a hood, are considered "Non-conveyorable", which means it does not go on our sort conveyor systems and should be handled by hand/forklift.

Anyway, good job taking the pictures, that will really help. Keep on them, and threaten small claims court, that costs them more in effort than to just pay you out.

Patrique

warriorbob said:
UPS SUCKS no wonder they are brown they are not worth SH*T

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
This is exactly why we switched to FedEx, UPS lost a Stage 2 w/toys for us after the customer waited over two months for it!!! Then all the complaints on how the packages arrive, not any more. I think we spent $30.00 with UPS last month, and a few thousand with FedEx, hmmmmm I wonder why the UPS rep hasn't called yet.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Man UPS is full of a bunch of morons. I've been calling them everyday to find out whats going on with my claim and also to piss them off, but they keep saying they can't tell me anything cuz I'm not the shipper. I really don't understand why they have to go through the shipper cuz he got his money for the hood. I'm the one stuck with the bill payment to have the hood fixed. This is such a bunch of bull. They said that they need the shipper to sign a release form that says that they can give me the money. I've been trying to get a hold of the guy on here and he never reply's to my messages.

·
Super Moderator
35,448 Posts
as the fedex guy said a hood at ups would also be handled by hand..

i see a lot of stuff get damaged but i can honestly say it usually is due to insufficient packaging(especially with large items, "irregulars" as we call them)

accidents do happen though so im not saying we are infallable.. id guess someone put that hood in the rear of a truck and it fell out when the driver pulled off the bay.. just a guess..

anyway good luck with the claim

for what its worth to people shipping hoods i shipped mine through greyhound and had a GREAT experience with them,.. only costed about 40 bucks and they let you drop it off basically night or day.. i took mine in at 2am!

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Do you think maybe the shipper sent the hood like that?

Do you have any proof that it was in good condition before it was sent out? (i.e. digital pics)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.