Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just received my set of vinyl headlight covers from "ruthlesscars" and they are a fukkin pain in the ass to put on....I cant get all the bubbles out, so when you look close, its a pretty shitty job, but from a distance, they look nice. Anyone else have a secret about how to put these on without bubbles or creases?

I thought about using water underneath and using a heat gun to make it stick...sorta like a tint job.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Few drops of dishwashing detergent & water solution? Spray sticky side and surface, adjust to desired position and squeegee out with rubber (3M) squeegee, from center outwards...
I am not an expert, nor claim to be.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think I'll order another set and try it that way...because there are WAY too many bubbles ad creases...thanks for the info.

PS check ur PM's

·
Registered
536 Posts
a hairdrier and sprayer are a must on these things...that and ALOT of patience. You heat them up and do alot of stretching of the vinal to get the bubbles out. Some wont come out all the way, but use your headlights alot the first couple days, and smooth them out when they are warm.

·
Banned
5,254 Posts
unbolt lights, leaving them on the car. get some of that easy to remove blue painters tape and mark where you want it to go. take off the lights, go inside. Open a cold beer. Drink, put lights on table, turn on t.v. Watch highlights on ESPN. Mix liquid soap with water spray on sticky side and light itself. Drink. Match up lids with the markings you made earlier. remove water from center out (the bend in the middle of the light. I went down first then worked on the top.). drink. Make lots of little v cuts on top of lid but not so far in that they will show. Drink. That will give you the needed room to lay it flat. Go get another beer. When it is all lined up and smooth as glass use the hairdryer on it. Drink. Do not let the hairdrier stay in one place for a long time. Lids are dry. Drink. Go outside and remount lids putting the seal back on carefully. Drink. Now dont drive, you have been drinking. Go back inside. Drink.

·
Registered
536 Posts
bodizapha13 said:
unbolt lights, leaving them on the car. get some of that easy to remove blue painters tape and mark where you want it to go. take off the lights, go inside. Open a cold beer. Drink, put lights on table, turn on t.v. Watch highlights on ESPN. Mix liquid soap with water spray on sticky side and light itself. Drink. Match up lids with the markings you made earlier. remove water from center out (the bend in the middle of the light. I went down first then worked on the top.). drink. Make lots of little v cuts on top of lid but not so far in that they will show. Drink. That will give you the needed room to lay it flat. Go get another beer. When it is all lined up and smooth as glass use the hairdryer on it. Drink. Do not let the hairdrier stay in one place for a long time. Lids are dry. Drink. Go outside and remount lids putting the seal back on carefully. Drink. Now dont drive, you have been drinking. Go back inside. Drink.
Damn I like the way you do instals :jester: I will need to try that method on my next set of lids..lol
It also helps if you have a bunch of friends standing around saying "yep" "uh huh" yep"

·
Registered
100 Posts
I just posted the same thing in the visuals forum. What color are yours and did they match?

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i have an eblue and the colors DID NOT MATCH. The color that came in was a little lighter blue than my car. Sooooo, I might just leave the black vinyl on and hope that looks better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts