Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today at work I did a compression test on my 2005 nsrt4 and all went well put everything back together and have a misfire code for cylinder one, i’ve done the plugs and wires and injectors just wondering where I should go next?

·
Registered
734 Posts
So today at work I did a compression test on my 2005 nsrt4 and all went well put everything back together and have a misfire code for cylinder one, i’ve done the plugs and wires and injectors just wondering where I should go next?
is the misfire continuous? or are there intermittent conditions

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Well, if the misfire started after you put new plugs, wires and injectors on, then if it were me, I'd revert to the original parts one component at a time until the problem goes away. And use plenty of dielectric grease on both ends of the plug wire boots always seems to work best for my car.

·
Registered
05 srt-4 white
149 Posts
If you put the the plugs back in that you took out for the compression test. You may of accidently cracked the plug upon removal/install and that could cause your issue. If new plugs were installed after the compression test also inspect the new plugs cause things can be bad being new "I have seen brand new plugs with cracks" as well. Also plug gap can cause a miss fire amongst many other things. Or as Simon.Starkie has suggested. All ideas too try. Good luck. 👍

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes ther were new plugs and im going to give the dielectric grease and try and inspect the new plugs, The misfire does not seem to be continuous but my scanner isn’t giving me a read out on the engine to check the cylinders, whats the best way to see if the misfire is continuous?

·
Registered
734 Posts
Yes ther were new plugs and im going to give the dielectric grease and try and inspect the new plugs, The misfire does not seem to be continuous but my scanner isn’t giving me a read out on the engine to check the cylinders, whats the best way to see if the misfire is continuous?
the engine will shudder and taking the wire off the misfiring cylinder makes no change in the engines running condition.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the engine will shudder and taking the wire off the misfiring cylinder makes no change in the engines running condition.

okay try that out and see if it’s continuous or not if it is continues what would be my best bet to try next

·
Registered
734 Posts
okay try that out and see if it’s continuous or not if it is continues what would be my best bet to try next
Intermittent misfires are not fun to troubleshoot. They take alot of observation based on conditions, Like when cold, or hot, or wet or dry. what does the computer see..

I've had next to no luck with iridim sparkplugs, or bosch 02 sensors in any of my neons.

the most common things ive found are bad coils, wires,plugs. I also had a weird misfire a while back where the car would only do it under acceleration. turned out the cam sensor wire had broken inside the connector body. so it worked until that harness moved.

my ram has a weird misfire when its warm outside, but its cold. it will fishbite on me. FRUSTRATING.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Intermittent misfires are not fun to troubleshoot. They take alot of observation based on conditions, Like when cold, or hot, or wet or dry. what does the computer see..

I've had next to no luck with iridim sparkplugs, or bosch 02 sensors in any of my neons.

the most common things ive found are bad coils, wires,plugs. I also had a weird misfire a while back where the car would only do it under acceleration. turned out the cam sensor wire had broken inside the connector body. so it worked until that harness moved.

my ram has a weird misfire when its warm outside, but its cold. it will fishbite on me. FRUSTRATING.

im going to be trying a new coil pack tonight ill also check the cam sensor and ill make sure to let you know what happens, thank you all for the help wish me luck that it goes away

·
Registered
5,802 Posts
Okay I have had a cyl 1 misfire on my srt-4 like 3 years ago. What fixed it for me as getting my fuel injectors flow tested and cleaned with new injector o-rings. So that is my take on what fixed my misfire. Also a intake manifold gasket leak can cause a misfire. Do a boost leak test to see if air is leaking from your intake gasket.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I got it fixed thanks for all the good tips and help i really appreciate it, but after changing the intake manifold gasket throttlebody gasket feel injectors spark plugs and wires it ended up being the coil pack. The misfire did help me find out other things that were wrong with the car like ripped gasket clogged injectors and bad plugs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts