Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently bought my first srt4 about 2 months ago, and I noticed that the boot is ripped on both sides. Upon further inspection, there is almost no gap between the boot and the bottom of the my coilover. What can I do to fix this? The first picture you can see the boot is literally already touching the coilover, and the second picture there is almost no space. That is an old picture and the boot is now ripped on that one too. What can I do??

·
Premium Member
4,333 Posts
is the boot touching when the car is on the ground, or only when its in the air?

·
Registered
05 srt-4 white
35 Posts
Just out of curiosity have you inspected the wheel bearings and/or ball joints? Do you know what brand of axles also what brand coilovers? To check for known fitment issues. That is.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just out of curiosity have you inspected the wheel bearings and/or ball joints? Do you know what brand of axles also what brand coilovers? To check for known fitment issues. That is.
yeah, both of the wheel bearings have been replaced recently by me. I bought the axles off rock auto, the brand is cardone. The axles before had the same exact issue and that’s why I replaced them. The coilovers are racelands, I actually contacted raceland and they insisted it wasn’t an issue with their product. But offered to send me new ones if I were to send these ones back. They would inspect the ones I sent and if they turn out to not be the issue they would charge me for the new coilovers.

·
Registered
05 srt-4 white
35 Posts
Very weird indeed. This is how mine sits but I also have factory struts with eibach sport line springs so different pitch but still an example. In the first pic u show with all the grease is the shaft contacting the coilover. Or is it contacting while your driving.

·
Premium Member
4,333 Posts
have you had the alignment check since the coilovers were installed?

This is an odd issue i have not seen before on these cars.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
have you had the alignment check since the coilovers were installed?

This is an odd issue i have not seen before on these cars.
I wasn’t the one who installed the coilovers so I’m not 100% sure.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That is a strange one. its almost like the bottom of the coilover is too far down, could they be installed on the wrong side of the car?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
That is a possibility. Haven’t tried that. Doesn’t hurt to try.

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
To me I don't see the bottom of the strut housing hitting the boot. 2nd picture for sure not. 1st picture might be but you have grease everywhere and it was a bad angle for picture, you need a lower angle.. I bet its not hitting.

Hit it during install? I know because it happened to me...when installing the front coilovers I had the strut housing hit the boot when I was trying to get the clevis bolts in, punctured the boot. Almost happened on my current SRT-4 when doing my BC's luckily it didn't puncture the boot. Do you remember when installing the coilovers and it pressing up against the boot during install?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts