Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard some talk about cutting somewhere in the hood to give a direct airflow or something like that.
Dies anyone with a car seen first hand what this will be about? Or anyone that saw it at a show?

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
You can cut the area in the hood over the airbox for air directly from the hood scoop, then cut a matching hole in the top of the airbox.

You would need to add some type of seal (weatherstripping, rubber, foam)to the top of the airbox to really do it right.

It was definitely made to be easy to mod.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
drolander said:
If anybody has made this mod I would love to see pics. Thanks.
I went to autorama yesterday in Detroit. PVO had an SRT there with the hood mod done to it. They cut aligned holes in the hood and the airbox, then used a door seal and lined the hood's sheetmetal. I need a host to show the pics I took of the airbox mod and other pics of the Neons they had at the PVO booth

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
I'm surprised someone isn't already bitching about how you can't do it because the SRT-4 is a completely new car.... :shock:

I dare one of you to create a post titled "Manual Boost Controller...." :?

<hehe>

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
i dont get it....

but did you know that if you do this mod it will void your warranty?

·
Super Moderator
6,317 Posts
Finally some good pictures of a red SRT-4, w/ chrome rims I might add! Click here for more red pics w/out the rims! http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2404618061&category=6204

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
look at this from the ebay link.

"2003 SRT-4 NEON STREET FIGHTER 215 HP WITH 245 FT LBS OF TORQUE 0-60 IN 5.9 SECONDS AVAILABLE IN YELLOW,BLACK AND RED"

im surprised no one has bid on it yet. guess they are waiting for the last minute.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Like I said guys - just cut aligned holes in the hood and airbox, then go to a junkyard and get some door seal. Line the hole with the door seal, and your good to go.

Those rims are 18". Tires 225/40-18's. The engineer said under a full lock turn, they will rub, so 225 may be too wide for some people. I'll probably perform the hood mod within 2 weeks of getting my SRT. I'm sure it helps a little at high speed, but I have no idea how much horsepower this would add.

Good Luck!

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
ebbtide said:
Those rims are 18". Tires 225/40-18's. The engineer said under a full lock turn, they will rub, so 225 may be too wide for some people. I'll probably perform this mod within 2 weeks of getting my SRT. I'm sure it helps a little at high speed, but I have no idea how much horsepower this would add.
you ricers, i swear! adding 18" wheels and wider tires wont give you any more horsepower. youre crazy ebbtide, crazy i tells ya!! :p

did he say where it rubbed?

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Sorry, I corrected my grammer. I'm performing the hood mod within two weeks - i'm going with 205/50-15's when the stock tires wear down. Tho I must say that car looked damn nice w/ the 18's and those BFG KDW2's. He didn't say where it rubbed.

·
Registered
109 Posts
The hood mod is a no brainer. Where is my hole saw? Where is my car?

That is good information on the tire size. As soon as I get mine I am planning to try the 245/45-17s on 17 by 7s I have on my PT.

On the Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 225/45-17 tires, which I am thinking about running, have an overall diameter of 25.1 inches that is the same as the stock tires. The section width is actually .1 inch narrower yet has wider tread. I am hoping that this will be the ticket.

I hope to run the new forged Centerline RPN s in 17X7 because they are so light (13 lbs) and very strong,

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
PB Pod said:
As soon as I get mine I am planning to try the 245/45-17s on 17 by 7s I have on my PT......On the Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 225/45-17 tires, which I am thinking about running,
so which ones are you going to use?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
About this Discussion
23 Replies
13 Participants
daytonagts
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing