Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Basically has been happening for a month or 2. But what it's doing is as soon as i floor it and it starts boosting it sputters. Almost sounds like a 2 step. If I got half throttle it doesn't happen. After it does I smell fuel so I'm guessing it's not firing. I've done searching and tried different coil/wires, new plugs gapped to .028, and a new o2 sensor. No boost leaks as I did a test last week. I even tried gapping my old plugs from .036 to .024 with no luck. Also my scangauge is picking up misfires on all cylinders and no knock at all. No cel and no smoke. I'm stumped and it's getting old. Any more ideas? I will literally try anything right now.

· Registered
1,415 Posts
I almost though of that but didn't know what symptoms that would cause. Only at wastegate pressure whish is about 15lbs
Any misfires at idle?

· Registered
2,638 Posts
Having similar issues with my built engine....
Guess I'll try a new coil and wires / plugs and go from there...

· Registered
1,415 Posts
I have solid everything plus no balanceshaft or assembly so I couldn't tell a misfire from a normal idle lol.
Haha you gotta get out and listen for it behind the car. I had an issue like this once and it turned out to a injector so I swapped them all and it's been gone since.

· Registered
3,453 Posts
Wonder what the fuel is doing... Have an AFR gauge? Boost gauge could be wrong. Could be spiking higher than you think. Try new plugs. You don't need a tiny gap like that. Even at 25 psi and 2 M5 injectors I never had to go below .035. What plugs are you using?

· Registered
1,415 Posts
4306 ngk and I tried gapping at .036 with no luck. And it better not be an injector they are brand new...
Check around and see if their is a ohm spec for them, it might only just be one of them.

· Registered
3,453 Posts
I meant 2 m5 injectors because I was running meth injection. 25psi with 2 other injectors is going to want to blow out the spark and my car was fine.Well it isn't your plugs then. .050 is recommended for STOCK cars. You don't have to close the gap because every forum bro tells you to. If the wires are good it is the coil. Make sure it is a oem mopar coil. No msd crap. If it isn't that you have a wiring problem at the injectors or going to back to the pcm. Then things are going to get really tricky. You don't have access to a wideband?

· Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well still happening. New plugs gapped at .034, new throttle body gasket for shits and giggles and even re hooked up my tip sensor to the charge pipe. Still doing it. Getting code p1106 which i know what it is but dont know why its popping. Im about to just get rid of the damn car.....anyone have any other ideas? Runs fine at 1/4 throttle but cuts out at wot. Annoying as hell....still....

· Registered
1,415 Posts
Well still happening. New plugs gapped at .034, new throttle body gasket for shits and giggles and even re hooked up my tip sensor to the charge pipe. Still doing it. Getting code p1106 which i know what it is but dont know why its popping. Im about to just get rid of the damn car.....anyone have any other ideas? Runs fine at 1/4 throttle but cuts out at wot. Annoying as hell....still....
How are your red and white lines hooked up?

· Registered
1 Posts
Basically has been happening for a month or 2. But what it's doing is as soon as i floor it and it starts boosting it sputters. Almost sounds like a 2 step. If I got half throttle it doesn't happen. After it does I smell fuel so I'm guessing it's not firing. I've done searching and tried different coil/wires, new plugs gapped to .028, and a new o2 sensor. No boost leaks as I did a test last week. I even tried gapping my old plugs from .036 to .024 with no luck. Also my scangauge is picking up misfires on all cylinders and no knock at all. No cel and no smoke. I'm stumped and it's getting old. Any more ideas? I will literally try anything right now.
mine is having the same problem exactly, did you find out what it was?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts