Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Are there any around in CT?
I keep looking for local tuners, but it's difficult. Realistically, you'd want someone who can tune using Chip Master Revolution software (DiabloSports). This has expensive licensing that puts off most non-specialty shops. With that being said, DS has a list of vendors on their website. It's a great place to start to find a local tuner.

Alternatively, it would appear that most people on these sites recommend an email tune. I'm sure someone else can chime in and recommend one or more people. I'm pretty sure AGP does email tunes, and they are fairly well respected as well.

My own personal opinion (not worth shit) - Unless you are looking to get something very specific done (rescale for new injectors for example), you probably don't need a tune. Just get a DiabloSports Predator if you don't already have one. It comes with a canned tune on it (which many will argue is the most dollar efficient horsepower mod for our cars) that has a bunch of tweakable parameters for you to mess with (research first to hopefully not blow stuff up).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I keep looking for local tuners, but it's difficult. Realistically, you'd want someone who can tune using Chip Master Revolution software (DiabloSports). This has expensive licensing that puts off most non-specialty shops. With that being said, DS has a list of vendors on their website. It's a great place to start to find a local tuner.

Alternatively, it would appear that most people on these sites recommend an email tune. I'm sure someone else can chime in and recommend one or more people. I'm pretty sure AGP does email tunes, and they are fairly well respected as well.

My own personal opinion (not worth shit) - Unless you are looking to get something very specific done (rescale for new injectors for example), you probably don't need a tune. Just get a DiabloSports Predator if you don't already have one. It comes with a canned tune on it (which many will argue is the most dollar efficient horsepower mod for our cars) that has a bunch of tweakable parameters for you to mess with (research first to hopefully not blow stuff up).
Appreciate the advice. I had a DSP before and don't know much about messing with stuff. So I wanted to just get a true tune to almost fully push what i have done my car.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So just picked up the car a month ago. Supposedly has stage 2 mopar. So stage 2 pcm, injectors, 3 bar sensors. Has stage 2 fuel rail. Walbro 255. 3 In exhaust. Bfmic. Just put in wideband(readings are off WOT)
Only boosting 8 psi. All my hoses are secure though.

·
Registered
499 Posts
So just picked up the car a month ago. Supposedly has stage 2 mopar. So stage 2 pcm, injectors, 3 bar sensors. Has stage 2 fuel rail. Walbro 255. 3 In exhaust. Bfmic. Just put in wideband(readings are off WOT)
I've heard a lot of people struggle to tune staged pcms, and often revert back to a non-staged pcm to tune. I'd recommend searching the tuning section for stage 2 tuning.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
if your interested in a couple of NJ shops PM me for details

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.