Dodge SRT Forum banner

Crush All 93 Vipers We Gave You...

2K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  basspro302 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Did you ever get to drive it?
it's sad that these awesome vehicles need to go to waste.

#5 ·
Ya it drove in to the college but it had been beaten on hard. The engine had seen better days but nothing a rebuild couldn't fix.

They made the school sign a contact so they couldn't sell it or any parts to it for liability reasons. The car was gutted then the shell was scraped, some parts started to vanish lol.

I did take apart the 5.4 and some how the rod bolts were torqued down so much they broke sockets and impact sockets. We ended up having to grind the head off 1 stubborn rod bolt. I have never seen anything like that either had the teachers there.

End result of the tear down , ford had spun 4 rod bearings, trashed the thrust main bearing, and cracked 3 piston ring lands. They must have beat the crap out of that car.

#6 ·
Ridiculous. It's what happens when you let lawyers make the decisions. I'm pretty sure you have to take a special test to get into law school, they want to make sure you don't have any common sense... Or a human heart.

I am close with a person who works in a local District Attorneys office. They were cleaning an old evidence locker a discovered a historic, WWII vintage, Colt manufactured, Thompson submachine gun (yes, full auto). No one knew where it had come from but it was obvious that it was evidence in an old case. There was a local WWII museum willing to purchase the rare and expensive firearm for market value... The DAs office melted it down for scrap instead. F$%king lawyers.

#9 ·
Ya I agree with that dodgetech. It's also the idiots who bring on all these bs law suits for money.

I do think it's a waste to destroy a car but what you get in the end is a more reliable production car.
Yeah, definitely. You almost can't blame Chrysler for trying to protect themselves from these frivolous lawsuits.

Ok, let me get this straight. You took a car that, a) doesn't belong to you and, b)is so illegal to be on the street you couldn't even register it if you tried, on a joy ride. You then got hurt because you got into an accident. This accident was caused, in all likelihood, by the fact that you are a complete douche nozzle. Instead of owning up to the fact that you ARE a douche nozzle, you sue the owner of the car who's permission you never had to drive the car in the first place? Way to go champ

#14 ·
All these companies have similar policies. I'm actually surprised they even donate cars anymore the way things are now. What the get out of donating a car doesn't outweigh the risk they take. There is always someone looking to get some money by trying to hold some one else liable for their own mistakes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.