Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
cruse control and power windows are 2 things i think our cars should have, but dont. does anyone know if you can get cruse control put in our car? or what the deal is? let me know

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
I believe some places sell kits for cruise control but I'm not really fond of those. I know power windows can be done search for a thread.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
fusion said:
I believe some places sell kits for cruise control but I'm not really fond of those. I know power windows can be done search for a thread.
ya i found a power window kit, im interested in just cruise control for this thread

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I had cruise in my previous car. I even used it. I got my srt-4, and did a long, 5000 mi road trip in it. I found that I really didn't need or even miss cruise.... go figure.

Do miss those rear power windows though, and I wish there was a better kit to put them in. The current one is too hackish.

·
Registered
23 Posts
That's funny... I was just about to post the same exact question. Cruise (speed control as it's listed on dodge.com) control is an option I'd like to add to my car also, after 14 hrs straight driving, it sux not having cruise.

Aftermarket would be fine, as long as it's reliable.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Someone did it last year, don't remember who it was.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
It has traction control (it has an integrated diff in it's tranny - hence why it's a "transaxle"), it just has too much power for it's little narrow tires.

·
Registered
6,698 Posts
i did my own rear power window install. came out well. also bin searching for a cruise control kit. i will also put a light under the hood which should deff be there as well as a light next to the ingition.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I wished I had cruise control on my car, but I don't wanna Void My Power Train Warranty.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
not enough room on the throttle body for the cruise control to be put on the srt-4. I tried to get it put on when I bought my car. had a guy come back and look at my car a second time to make sure. would be nice though!

·
Registered
6,698 Posts
i know one guy had done it. and used it. spend like 400 or so at "guy he knew" kinda shop. only worked from lik 45-75 though. i think he was the only one.

·
Registered
5,280 Posts
i was doing some comparing between the srt-4 and the sti and it says that cruise control for the srt-4 is order code #CRCT. i dunno if that helps.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
e'ssrt4 said:
not enough room on the throttle body for the cruise control to be put on the srt-4. I tried to get it put on when I bought my car. had a guy come back and look at my car a second time to make sure. would be nice though!
WTF are you talking about?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts