Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, here's the deal. Last night, at work, my boss comes to me and tells me I have to go pick up a piece of equipment at Ramstein's PMEL building. He suguests taking our Renault Van, which is big and slow. It also has a worse turning radius than the SRT-4 (God only knows how!). The last thing he tells me is that the shop shuts down once I make it back. Uh oh! He wants me to haul @$$???:eveilgrin I told him to keep the french made krap, and that I'll have the job done in a heart beat. Going down there I kept it at "safe" speeds.:eeeek: It only took me a little over an hour. Once I got the piece of equipment, I fueled up, and it was on! I avoided A6 coming back due to the construction, but still got back in about 40 minutes, and that's with cooling time for the turbo (I really need to install my TT). I was cruising at 120 all the way back till I hit A60, and then it was 154 MPH back to Spangdahlem (Don't worry Manni, the sun roof is fine:frogtongu ). Before anyone assumes, I did slow down for certain areas due to actually speed limits, plus I had to give the turbo a little cooling time during the run. My boss dropped his jaw when I stepped into the shop! He had no idea what my car could do. He even asked how fast I went, and he just froze. There's nothing better than driving like that on the government's time.:thumbsup: I even got a phone call this morning thanking me for my "selfless" dedication, and that they're paying for my gas. I didn't even ask for that, but hey, I'm not gonna refuse!:clap:

Alright, for all you people that are from the states, please keep in mind that the Autobahns do not have a speedlimits in most areas. I did not share this with everyone just to incourage speeding. Anytime I hit a speed-controled area I slowed down accordingly. I also dropped speed when there was traffic. All of this started at 10pm, so there really wasn't anyone on the road. If you don't have anything positive to say, guess what? Don't say it.:tongue: I'm just trying to share my experience.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
bad ass man.....wish i could get payed to go out and beat the living snot out of my car....and get my gas paid for!!!! you made out like a bandit on that deal....and you gotta love how our cars handle the high speeds also.....Who would of ever thought that a neon could cruise at 154 MPH with no problems!!!!! I love our cars!!!!!

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
I use to go fast, now I drive a nissan. Most of the time it feels like im going backwards.

·
Registered
13 Posts
:thumbsup: I have done the same only in a early 90s BMW 5 series(SMSgts car :lol: ). I had to drop some people off to get a couple GOVs and I had to get back for something. Took me 45 mins. I got behind a porche boxter and follow him about the whole way. avg speed of around 130mph. I hated it though. POS beamer. I would floor it and it would take F-O-R-E-V-E-R (like the sandlot movie) to accelerate. Once I got it up there it was good though. :clap:

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wenzel said:
Cool Bojangles. Sounds like you had fun. If you want to come to Ramstein area again I can help you with the TT if you need it. Peace out. Chris
If I can manage to get some time, I'll head on up there. I'm thinking about heading that way next weekend, but at this point only time will tell.

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Josh - you made a trip to where I work and didn't tell me? Dork!!!

Was it an emergency calibration? Our lab was closed for the Wing Goal Day. On a normal day you would have seen my silver one and a blue one that my boss drives in the parking lot!

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry man, it was a last minute run. Trust me, if I had any advance noticed, I would notified some people.

It was an Emergancy Cal for a fixture checker. I had to have it done so I could send it to Italy. I don't know why they couldn't have taken care of it, but oh well. Come Wednesday, it'll be out of my hair.

Just to let you know, I'll be up in Ramstein on Saturday.

-Josh

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.