Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Just Recently Had Installed A Ported Head Crower Cams And Valvetrain And Fidanza Cam Gears And My Car Sound Like Its Going To Fall Apart At Idle. My Question Is Do All Srt-4's With Cams Sound Like Shit. People Ask Me Is The Car Is Okay Cause Is Sounds Like It Wants To Turn Off. The Other Thing Ive Noticed Since The Install Is That Im Getting A Code That I Was Not Getting Before 0300 Its A Misfire Code.

·
Registered
4,711 Posts
godfather said:
I Just Recently Had Installed A Ported Head Crower Cams And Valvetrain And Fidanza Cam Gears And My Car Sound Like Its Going To Fall Apart At Idle. My Question Is Do All Srt-4's With Cams Sound Like Shit. People Ask Me Is The Car Is Okay Cause Is Sounds Like It Wants To Turn Off. The Other Thing Ive Noticed Since The Install Is That Im Getting A Code That I Was Not Getting Before 0300 Its A Misfire Code.
EDIT: What stage cams are they? Were the cams degreed properly? Has the car been tuned yet? The cams may be causing the car to run too rich at idle causing a rich misfire. If my memory serves isn't lying the P0300 is the random misfire code. Is your ignition system in tip top shape as well?

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Overcome said:
EDIT: What stage cams are they? Were the cams degreed properly? Has the car been tuned yet? The cams may be causing the car to run too rich at idle causing a rich misfire. If my memory serves isn't lying the P0300 is the random misfire code. Is your ignition system in tip top shape as well?
DONT KNOW WHAT STAGE THEY ARE BUT HERE IS THE CAM SHEET.
THE CAR WAS SOME WHAT TUNED BY FBM CAUSE BEFORE IT WOULD NOT STAY ON. THE CAR MADE SOME PRETTY GOOD NUMBERS BUT THE GRAPH LOOKS LIKE SHIT.

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
I'd say PM Tex, cause you'd get all the answers, but I see him chillin' below, prolly typin' out the answer right now :)

·
Registered
4,711 Posts
MikeD said:
I'd say PM Tex, cause you'd get all the answers, but I see him chillin' below, prolly typin' out the answer right now :)
Awaits what Tex has to say...

:lol:

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
Then this would be like, foreplay, lol

·
Registered
4,711 Posts
MikeD said:
Then this would be like, foreplay, lol
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: