Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very nice car. I saw one sitting on the lot, and had considered getting onefor a while. It was a blue vert, 20k miles, for 26k. They are priced much more reasonably now.

Man they drive nice, and other than feeling a little squished, I loved driving it. Cornering was nice, and the car is really fast - deceptively so. Ride quality was good. I'm not big on the rear end styling, but I think I could get used to it. They are a step above the Neon but at a original sticker of 45K or so, NOT CHEAP! But man they run a very low 13 on their stock tires and trim.

Verdict:

I'd love to have one, but it isn't really worth another big loan over what I stil own on my srt-4. I think I'd rather get a bolt on stage 2-3 kit, even if I had to take out a small loan to do so, it would be more cost effective. In addition, after the newness wore off I'd probably be sick with the big payment and still want a C5 ZO6 anyway which I could get in a couple years. Man car lovin is a disease.

·
Administrator
39,432 Posts
You can find one with less than 1k miles for mid 20k now. I'd definitely love one, and I'd probably have one if they offered a manual. I loved how they drove when I was at the SRT Track Experience (back when skip barber ran it).

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
stowaway said:
You can find one with less than 1k miles for mid 20k now. I'd definitely love one, and I'd probably have one if they offered a manual. I loved how they drove when I was at the SRT Track Experience (back when skip barber ran it).
If I could find one that cheap, I be driving it today!!!!! Locally I'm seeing mid to low 20's depending on trim with 25-30k miles. Nothing cheaper than 23k.

I'f I found one at 20k I'd sign the paperwork lol!

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
stowaway said:

no manual? WTF? i didnt know that

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
I've heard there is very little aftermarket support and what there is, is very expensive. The SRT6 would be a nice low 13 sec car if you were just going to drive it without mods. Low 13s is not exactly slow for the street.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
White Heat said:
I've heard there is very little aftermarket support and what there is, is very expensive. The SRT6 would be a nice low 13 sec car if you were just going to drive it without mods. Low 13s is not exactly slow for the street.
Nope I think that would be plenty fast - and too expensive of a car to mess with. I bet you could make a pully change and maybe free up the exhaust and get a couple of 10ths out of it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts