Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

A new issue just arose. My research indicates it may be a TOB, but I thought I'd ask for some additional opinions.

When can I hear the issue?
Around 25 mph in 3rd gear with the windows down and buildings near the car. I believe it to still be happening in other circumstances, just not severely enough for me to notice.

What does it sound like?
Crickets chirping!

What alleviates the issue?
An ever so slight touch on the clutch pedal causes the sound to disappear.

Any differing thoughts on what the issue may be caused by? If it is the TOB, is there anything I can do other than replacing the bearing to alleviate the issue? Is our clutch self-adjusting? What about adjusting the clutch pedal? Are these thoughts stupid and I should just get a clutch job done?

Thank you in advance for any responses this might yield.

Christopher

·
Registered
120 Posts
I had this issue after my first clutch install. The sound is due to the pivot ball not having enough grease on it and the fork rubbing on it causing the chirping sound. I replaced my clutch and made sure to put extra grease on that area (the cup in the throw out bearing fork where the pivot ball sits) and the noise is gone.

·
Registered
79 Posts
That sucks. Yanking the trans to put on a few dabs of grease... 🤦

I'd just enjoy my new ambient cricket song.

·
Premium Member
4,153 Posts
i had an issue with mine making a sound like that, but i only noticed it while stopped. (car is likely too loud to have heard it other times.) As suspected, it ended up being the TOB which eventually failed and came apart.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No sound from mine while stopped or in neutral to the best of my knowledge. Only while in gear and moving.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts