Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How the hell do you get a wrench on that damn bolt? It's tucked way in the back. Any tips? :(

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Welcome to the club. I had to remove the battery, remove the intake pipe from the airbox, bend the oil line that runs in front of the bolt outta the way (careful, you only need to move it a little bit), then snake my arm underneath the turbo and wrench it from behind. If you don't have small hands, kidnap someone who does and make them do it for you.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
monte said:
How the hell do you get a wrench on that damn bolt? It's tucked way in the back. Any tips? :(
if you take off the heatshield and wastegate, then bend the line slightly and you will be able to get a regualar ratchet on it easily.

·
Registered
13,658 Posts
Take a deep breath chill for like a minute,drink a beer and then go at it again lol.No really do this trust mme it worked for me.But really what i did was like reach under it with my left hand and push on the wrench and turn with my right,all this leaning on it from the driver side. Hope it helps

·
Registered
392 Posts
My bud touchin kotton put his on in about 20 minutes. Or he was just saying that to tell me how easy it was. Pm him and ask. I think it had something to do about a closed end rachet wrench.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
10mm gear wrench is the easiest way. If you don't have them get em they are great. Sears had them on sale last week not sure if they still are or not but never know. Totally worth it and one of my favorite tools as well.
Lorenzo

·
Registered
177 Posts
acrbill said:
Unbolting the oil line gives you more room to work with. Its still a major pain in the ass.
don't take out the battery, but do disconnect the intake and unbolting the oil line. the us a racheting wrench... not a socket wrench.... 10MM racheting wrench is the key... it always u to keep the closed end side on the bolt at all time!!!

P.S.
Mopar instructions for instalation sux!!! :readclose

·
Registered
35 Posts
i did mine by reaching under the turbo and exhasut manifold and came up from underneth with a regular wrench. It worked from me because i have freakishly long arms so others might not be so lucky.

-RoMeO-

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Now that you have the first two bolts loose, carefully rotate the stock surge valve clockwise a bit. That frees up a little more room.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
HoTSauZE said:
Take a deep breath chill for like a minute,drink a beer and then go at it again lol.No really do this trust mme it worked for me.But really what i did was like reach under it with my left hand and push on the wrench and turn with my right,all this leaning on it from the driver side. Hope it helps
This is the Best Damn advice anyone can give you, worked for me as well.

Dont take off your oild line or WGA thats only askin for trouble.

·
Registered
763 Posts
I did mine the hard way...I reached around under the exhaust manifold and with an open ended 10mm turned then flipped then turned...etc. It is the hard long way but I didn't like the idea of bending the oil line.

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
go at it from the left side. reach arm under the exhaust mani... you will look like you are hugging the engine.

use a boxend ratchet or gear ratchet... whatever its called

go here at sears

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
10mm ratcheting wrench, skinny forearm, beer, patience. oh and one of those telescoping magnets in case you fuck up and drop the bolt :stab:

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Damn you guys rock. Lots of useful tips. Thanks guys...

I finally got the BOV in.. Sounds GREAT...

·
Banned
460 Posts
go on the passange side w/your 10mm ratchet wrench and stick your hand UNDER the turbo and have your other hand free to stick the wrench on the turbo...thats what I did and once you get it loose its a snap...have fun putting the BOP on tho...make sure to use a good amount of RTV Sealant, otherwise make your own gasket...or prepare for boost leaks!

·
Registered
741 Posts
monte said:

Do it the right way, remove the oil line and your problem goes away.

Percy

1 - 19 of 19 Posts