Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Crafstman jack (model #50240) no longer works properly. The "speedy" lift function no longer works. Perhaps a seal is broken that can be fixed? Does anyone know the cure? Is replacement imminent or can Sears do something? It's been over a year since purchase and I think lifetime warranty applies to hand tools only. Any constructive comments/experiences would be welcomed.

Also, what maintenance procedures should I be conducting w/regards to hydraulic fluid, etc.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
8,239 Posts
I have that exact same jack. Mine broke at the pivot point at the base of the handle. I took it back 1 day before the 1 year warranty was up.

Did you try topping off the fluid?

If you need me to, I can scan the manual from mine if you don't have yours anymore.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dommo_g said:
I have that exact same jack. Mine broke at the pivot point at the base of the handle. I took it back 1 day before the 1 year warranty was up.
Did you try topping off the fluid?
If you need me to, I can scan the manual from mine if you don't have yours anymore.
I have done little to no maintenance/care for it.
If you could scan the manual it would be greatly appreciated...I can follow those instructions for proper care.

The speedy lift part doesn't work anymore, any ideas?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
8,239 Posts
I'll scan that manual when I get home tonight. My first one had an oil leak, so maybe if yours doesn't have the proper amount of oil that would cause the fast lift to not work right.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dommo_g said:
I'll scan that manual when I get home tonight. My first one had an oil leak, so maybe if yours doesn't have the proper amount of oil that would cause the fast lift to not work right.
I think I might have caused harm by leaving a load on the jack for an extensive period: 15-20 min?
I have not heard great reviews of this product found on the Sears site.
However, I've had no problems with it up till this past weekend.

I doesn't bleed out under load currently, so that's ok and the jack is functional. It's the 2-stage?? hydraulics (quick lift) portion that's not functioning now.

Your help is appreciated.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jabbit said:
What do you use to jack up the jack to change the oil? :paranoid:
cute.

·
SRTforums Member, SRT of the Month
2,155 Posts
I never had a problem with the quick lift not working on one of these but mine will sometimes need bled and add a little fluid to make it lift properly. I think it has a leak in it though but i will add fluid till it dies completely.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My Crafstman jack (model #50240) no longer works properly. The "speedy" lift function no longer works. Perhaps a seal is broken that can be fixed? Does anyone know the cure? Is replacement imminent or can Sears do something? It's been over a year since purchase and I think lifetime warranty applies to hand tools only. Any constructive comments/experiences would be welcomed.

Also, what maintenance procedures should I be conducting w/regards to hydraulic fluid, etc.

Thanks in advance.
My quick lift stopped and wouldn’t go up all the way or go down the last inch. I tooK it apart using my Byzantine torch and the thin long tube in the center split at the bottom. So I ordered a seal kit and I will squeeze the base of the tube together and weld the split and sand it smooth and perfectly round and put it together. Then see what happens. I found a schematic to help put it together.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts