Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any body running this yet? I'm interested but would like to hear some input from an SRT4 owner that has it installed. I think his special price still runs to the end of Sept.

·
Registered
10,362 Posts
http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77727

This is the link to my thread which covers my install and other things regaurding the Cooling Mist Kit. So far I like it very much. We still have some map clamp tuning to do to it but I picked up 2mph in the 1/4 mile so far with it. (Crapy air to boot)

I'm doing some more tuning tomorrow and going back to the track this week sometime. I'll be posting new results also. I'll also be posting some pic's. of the install soon also.

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
I think you will really enjoy the kit. I have several specials running.

the first special is the group buy. Since we sold the kits we needed in august, My special price of $200 + $10 for shipping and $280 + $15 shipping for the single/dual is running until about 9/26/2004.

My second special (which will run for a few more days) gives you a FREE 100 psi upgrade or Water pressure module with a dual stage kit and half price if you buy the single stage kit (this special is not included with the basic single stage and the basic dual stage). The water pressure module tells you that water is injecting, a nozzle is clogged, a hose popped off, etc. Its great peace of mind.

I have a pilot program running for those of you that want less price and can do without some of the optional parts of the kit. If you go to my website www.coolingmist.com you will see the basic kit for single and dual. You get the minimum required to make the system work. from there you add any options you want (solenoids, water filter, arm/disarm switch, etc).

check out www.coolingmist.com for pictures of the basic kits and the pics of the optional upgrades.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
your post on 9-6 says "special price, group buy" of $200 Single, $280 Dual.

your main page; coolingmist.com says, $155 single, $235 Dual. Does this mean that the SRTForums gets a special group buy of $45.00 MORE than anybody that buys from your web site?

Please explain the "Special Price".

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
haljensen1 said:
your post on 9-6 says "special price, group buy" of $200 Single, $280 Dual.

your main page; coolingmist.com says, $155 single, $235 Dual. Does this mean that the SRTForums gets a special group buy of $45.00 MORE than anybody that buys from your web site?

Please explain the "Special Price".
If you like you can go to my srt forum home and read my sticky "build your own kits". It explains everything.

The $155 single and $235 dual are bare bones kits. The single stage does not come with a solenoid, the dual only comes with one. The kits do not include the arm/disarm switch, the LED, the pre-built harnesses, Labeled relay harness, etc.

When you order the $155 and $235 kit you get the parts (minus the ones I listed above) and wire and connectors and instructions on how to build this.

If you read the web page it tells you that you can add the upgrades to the cart. You will notice that if you buy them all individually (the upgrades that come with the kit you guys get, not all do) you will pay more to buy it directly off my web page. Also, you will not get the pre-built harnesses, you will have to do the work yourself.

Please review the web page and read my forum to get a better understanding. My normal prices are $340 for a dual (includes shipping) and $240 for the single (includes shipping).

Also the "build your own kits" is a special on my web page that im running for another few weeks as a test program.

*EDIT* In addition to the price break that guys are getting, you also had another special that just ended. It gave 1/2 price to a 100 psi water pump upgrade (normally $40) and 1/2 price for the water pressure module (normally $40) with any single stage purchase. With a dual stage it was Free. I had 4 of your members take advantage of that. That special was not on my web page, its was for the SRT forum.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Would this be a benificial mod for my car (see sig). I'm not planing on upgrading to much beyond this in the engine department.

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
sylathnie said:
Would this be a benificial mod for my car (see sig). I'm not planing on upgrading to much beyond this in the engine department.
Hi...

Thanks for the question. The best part of the water injection system is that its great and benifical for any turbo/sc car. Even if you dont want it for more power, it will do the following:

1) Clean carbon deposits from the engine. Thats right, it steam cleans your spark plugs and the engine.

2) gives very low intake temps (even ambient if you have a dual stage).
3) protect against a bad tank of gas.
4) Help prevent knocks and Pings.
5) makes heatsoak a thing of the past.

its a great mod to have. Feel free to ask any other questions.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I have used water/alcohol injection systems in the past on my Turbo Buicks. They are definitely a worthwhile investment. It will allow you to run pump gas and turn up the boost (use a little common sense, though) without having to worry about detonation.
This will be one of the first mods for my SRT...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts