Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To those who read this thread, pleas try to understand that this was not posted maliciously or to start any kind of a fight, i dont want that. I just got done doing this install in my buddies car and was very dissapointed with the kit and the end result of a MUCH longer install than it should have been. I sent this exact text to coolingmist in a PM and they did not reply to me at all, however the owner of the car the kit went into also sent them a PM and they did reply to his. my guess is that they are a little upset about some of the points i brought up in this text, but for those of you considering jumping on the injection bandwagon, please read this and be aware that the different brand kits are VERY different from each other...

as sent in PM:
"please do not take this the wrong way, i am not trying to start a fight. i own a devils own kit and installed it myself. the kit came with literally EVERYTHING i needed for the install...all the screws, washers, wire, relay, i mean literally everything. a buddy of mine just bought your kit and i installed it for him and i thought he was joking when he showed me the contents of the box. we had to make two trips to the store to get things to finish the install and had to surf through a pile of miscellaneous garage bits to find a few random things to make it work..the poly hose was about 4 feet to short to reach the trunk mounted tank (pump mounted in the left fender well) and even then there woud not be enought hose to go back to the nozzle....the check valve location being on the pump and not on the nozzle means that water can siphon from the hose for that couple of feet, and the instructions were absolutely terrible. the devils own base kit comes with more than enough hose to do a trunk mount, i had a few feet left over even, and i had all the parts i needed in the box, they even include a few extras, and even an extra nozzle...and the instructions they come with are amazing. zeveral pages, including several pictures and diagrams depicting each step. not that everyone needs that kind of directions, but it certainly would be nice for some people. oh and also why is it that your pump can only pump 50/50 mix of methanol? ive heard about the seals in some pumps not being able to deal with it. the DO pump looks to be the same pump to me, i run pure meth in mine and it doesnt leak at all....

i guess my point is that if you have an extra $200 laying around, you might want to buy a DO kit and see what your competitors are up to, because they are WAAAAY ahead of you when it comes to thoughtfullness.

i will give you one benny tho....i do really like how your boost switch is integrated into the pump head, thats pretty cool. one les part to have to mount. but other than that i was very dissapointed for my buddy spending his money on this kit.

i hope you dont take this the wrong way, it is intended to be constructive criticism, not bashing or anything like that. i just really think that for a consumers money they should get more, especialy when the competitors are doing it already. i mean come on, how hard would it be to include screws and washers and a ring terminal for the ground, and some better instructions?

joe"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,982 Posts
haha

been a while since we had some ::popcorn: ::popcorn: ::popcorn: in here
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,852 Posts
You obviously have no clue why our kits are setup the way they are. You dont need a relay with this kit, you dont need a relay harness. Its designed to be a basic kit at sub $200 and it does that well. If you went out and purchased a relay for this kit, you spent money you didnt need to. Its not designed to run in the trunk, its designed for underhood, thast why you get 10 feet of hose. The trunkmount kit comes with 15 feet of hose, if someone needs more they can let us know at time of purchase. The regular kit comes with 10. Its .79 per extra foot.

You not read up on our pump, it can run 100% methanol, the label says 50/50 as a disclamer. In otherwords, if you catch your car on fire, the pump manufacture and us can point to the label.

I can go on and on, but the fact is you are not our customer and our obviously on a PR blitz for our competitor..


CM
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no, im not on a PR blitz for your competitors at all. it has nothing to do with free promotion or advertising. it has to do EVERYTHING with the fact that the install was one of the BIGGEST pains in the ass ever since the kit didnt come with everything we needed. and as far as the disclaimer part goes, thats real nice of you to admit openly that there is a possibility that someone could catch their shit on fire and all you plane to do is yank their pants down and fuck them in the ass. way to go. nice service. as far as the relay being needed or not, you personally may not agree with it being needed, but if you truly beleive that then i would honestly have to say you probably dont know a whole lot about adding extra electronic devices to a current system that was not designed to support extra load, but then again, hey, what do i know, im just tootin my own horn for the other guy.....you didnt reply to why screws and washers werent included....what was the reason for that? is it cus youre trying to keep the cost of the kit low and they cost too much to make an affordable kit? i mean hell, i wasnt trying to start a fight, but if your reply is going to be an immature one then i can play that game too...and .79 per foot for poly line? jeebus cripes, is it lined with gold? the local hardware store sells 50' spools of it for like $5 and its rated for 300 psi burst strength...look in the gardening section, its the same damn stuff....im seriously doubting wether or not you realize that the customers are not idiots...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,852 Posts
lunchbox660 said:
no, im not on a PR blitz for your competitors at all. it has nothing to do with free promotion or advertising. it has to do EVERYTHING with the fact that the install was one of the BIGGEST pains in the ass ever since the kit didnt come with everything we needed. and as far as the disclaimer part goes, thats real nice of you to admit openly that there is a possibility that someone could catch their shit on fire and all you plane to do is yank their pants down and fuck them in the ass. way to go. nice service. as far as the relay being needed or not, you personally may not agree with it being needed, but if you truly beleive that then i would honestly have to say you probably dont know a whole lot about adding extra electronic devices to a current system that was not designed to support extra load, but then again, hey, what do i know, im just tootin my own horn for the other guy....
.you didnt reply to why screws and washers werent included....what was the reason for that? is it cus youre trying to keep the cost of the kit low and they cost too much to make an affordable kit? i mean hell, i wasnt trying to start a fight, but if your reply is going to be an immature one then i can play that game too...and .79 per foot for poly line? jeebus cripes, is it lined with gold? the local hardware store sells 50' spools of it for like $5 and its rated for 300 psi burst strength...look in the gardening section, its the same damn stuff....im seriously doubting wether or not you realize that the customers are not idiots...
Your entire argument is so flawed and pointless. Our boost switch can handle 12 AMPS, the pump wil draw max of 10 so no relay is needed and it doesn't come with one.

I am not a hardware store. I will be the first to say if you dont want to pay .79 cents a foot for our hose, dont buy it. No washers are needed for our kit.

Our trunkmount kit comes with everything that is needed for install, all the screws, straps, brackets, etc. Only vacuum hose is not included.

I dont need to defend my product anymore. If you dont like like it dont buy it. Oh wait, you didn't.





CM.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it really didnt have to come to this, all i was really looking for was some very simple answers to some very simple questions, i even made it a point to mention that it was not intended as a derogatory post or anything, i sent you the PM and was hoping you would simple reply or at least take some of the things i mentioned into consideration, that was all. im sorry you dont value my opinion, and youre right, i did not buy your kit, but my friend did, and even if he hasnt TOLD you hes bummed about it, he is....

and yea, washers wouldnt be needed if your kit came with screws that had a head large enough to NOT pull through the rubber grommets on the pump, but since it didnt come with any screws AT ALL then what the local store had is what had to be used....you make the call...

sorry for the grief. good luck and i hope that you wont be too upset about this for too long.

joe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
he did PM you, and hes been forwarding your responses to me, and quite frankly, they are bullshit. his first question to you was about the hardware. your response: we just dont include it in our kits, then he asked about why he couldnt get the system to pump and you told him it was a problem with the prime. thats odd, no other kit i have ever seen has a problem using the winshield washer res as the tank, and the way i installed my system the tank is actually LOWER than my pump and it has no problem at all staying primed....but here we go again with thr drama, and this is not where i wanted this to go, i really just wanted some simple answers. i realize you may not think i am one of your customers, just becuase i bought a different kit for my own car, but that is not the case, i most certainly indeed could be one of your customers. i have built over a dozen track cars and every single guy i build for asks me what to put in their car, so even though it may not be going in my car, it COULD have gone in a buddies car. nearly all of my trader feedback is from people whose cars i work on, doesnt really have much to do with trades at all. point is, the people i know who drive SRT4s trust me because they know i have been through ALOT of shit with SRT4s and have even had some problems of my own but ive always overcome and ive gotten pretty damned good at what i do to the point where ive got guys coming to my house from 250 miles away for me to work on their cars when there are performance shops right around the corner....i guess my point is, youre not losing ME as a customer, your losing pretty much everyone who talks to me as a potential customer though....i can off the top of my head think of half a dozen CLOSE friends here in my town alone who have SRT4s and dont have meth yet...they wont be buying your kit most likely. then there are about another dozen or so that are just aquaintences here in town....but they still hear what is going on and listen, then there were the 15 people that were at the house chilling while i was installing the kit and seeing how pissed off i was getting about it, and damn near every joke that evening was bout your kit somehow....so you just lost about 25-30 potential customers just from ONE bad customer service experience.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,852 Posts
lunchbox660 said:
he did PM you, and hes been forwarding your responses to me, and quite frankly, they are bullshit. his first question to you was about the hardware. your response: we just dont include it in our kits, then he asked about why he couldnt get the system to pump and you told him it was a problem with the prime. thats odd, no other kit i have ever seen has a problem using the winshield washer res as the tank, and the way i installed my system the tank is actually LOWER than my pump and it has no problem at all staying primed....but here we go again with thr drama, and this is not where i wanted this to go, i really just wanted some simple answers. i realize you may not think i am one of your customers, just becuase i bought a different kit for my own car, but that is not the case, i most certainly indeed could be one of your customers. i have built over a dozen track cars and every single guy i build for asks me what to put in their car, so even though it may not be going in my car, it COULD have gone in a buddies car. nearly all of my trader feedback is from people whose cars i work on, doesnt really have much to do with trades at all. point is, the people i know who drive SRT4s trust me because they know i have been through ALOT of shit with SRT4s and have even had some problems of my own but ive always overcome and ive gotten pretty damned good at what i do to the point where ive got guys coming to my house from 250 miles away for me to work on their cars when there are performance shops right around the corner....i guess my point is, youre not losing ME as a customer, your losing pretty much everyone who talks to me as a potential customer though....i can off the top of my head think of half a dozen CLOSE friends here in my town alone who have SRT4s and dont have meth yet...they wont be buying your kit most likely. then there are about another dozen or so that are just aquaintences here in town....but they still hear what is going on and listen, then there were the 15 people that were at the house chilling while i was installing the kit and seeing how pissed off i was getting about it, and damn near every joke that evening was bout your kit somehow....so you just lost about 25-30 potential customers just from ONE bad customer service experience.....
I tell you what, I dont need you to be a liason between me and your friend. Everything I told your friend is a 100% fact.


Have your friend PM me tonight. He can ship the kit back and I'll give him a refund minus shipping. I dont want an unhappy customer. I dont need to continue this conversation with you.

CM
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,852 Posts
You are the one with all the drama. We do our absolute best to give the best deal we can on our kits. Its $199 and its a damn good deal. We have eliminated alot of parts that are NOT needed, these include the relay and relay harness. Things you are complaining about are inherntly not included in our kit. For example, your problem that there is not enough hose only 10 feet. Its our underhood version, has more than enough for that. If you buy it and want it in the trunk, you will need more hose. Its a matter of a fact.

Relays are not needed with this kit, period. We make it very clear that this kit MUST be below the tank to prime. You seem to dis-agree but you are WRONG. If the pump is "buzzing" and no water is coming out and there is water in the tank, the problem is due to priming. Its a simple fact.

If you you and your friends want to make "Jokes" about our kit, thats your choice. Our customers our very happy with our products.

If your friend is not, again have him PM me and I'll refund his money. I need to know before June 16 if he wants to return it or not.

From now on, please have your contact me directly with any "gripes" he has. It makes no sense to have you do it for him. He made no comments to me via PM or Phone that he was upset with anything.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Coolingmist said:
Its $199 and its a damn good deal.
yea i agree, the price is a good price, but for only $6 more, or when they go on sale, well under $200, a competitors kit comes with literally EVERYTHING you would ever need to install it, including some extra parts just incase, and an extra nozzle as well....

there is not enough hose only 10 feet. Its our underhood version, has more than enough for that. If you buy it and want it in the trunk, you will need more hose. Its a matter of a fact.
yea, but once again, for $6 more, it comes standard elsewhere...

Relays are not needed with this kit, period.
again, just because your switch can handle XX amps doesnt mean that lead you run from the car is intended to provide this extra power...hence the whole purpose of a relay....solid power connection to battery controlled by a low input switching device to minimize draw from existing electrical components. its a pretty simple concept that anyone who has ever done any kind of real electrical work on a vehicle could tell you the same thing...

We make it very clear that this kit MUST be below the tank to prime. You seem to dis-agree but you are WRONG.
Really? oddly enough tht TOP of my tank is lower than the inlet/outlet of my pump and the fitting on my tank is WELL below the pump head....zero problems whatsoever with priming.....so if i am so wrong, please explain to me then how in the hell the meth is getting into my manifold? cus i coulda SWORE it was being pumped in....

From now on, please have your contact me directly with any "gripes" he has. It makes no sense to have you do it for him. He made no comments to me via PM or Phone that he was upset with anything.
again, these are not HIS gripes, they are mine. i did the install not him. he is happy to have meth and thats all he needs to know. i just was hoping that i could MAYBE help you to make your kit a little more complete by letting you know about a few of its shortcomings, but once again you prove that you are far to stubborn to accept some constructive criticism and possibly consider adding a few bits of hardware and a little more hose to make install easier, but hey, go ahead and keep cutting corners to keep the price low, as long as it keeps your wallet stuffed, who cares about the consumer
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,852 Posts
I am not going to justify our kit to you any more. I sent him a PM, if he wants a refund I'll refund his money.

You and I have no more business. In the future, if your friend calls and wants you to install his coolingmist kit, I recommend say no.

CM.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,982 Posts
lunchbox660 said:
again, just because your switch can handle XX amps doesnt mean that lead you run from the car is intended to provide this extra power...hence the whole purpose of a relay....solid power connection to battery controlled by a low input switching device to minimize draw from existing electrical components. its a pretty simple concept that anyone who has ever done any kind of real electrical work on a vehicle could tell you the same thing...
Say it aint so.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,852 Posts
lunchbox660 said:
Originally Posted by lunchbox660

again, just because your switch can handle XX amps doesnt mean that lead you run from the car is intended to provide this extra power...hence the whole purpose of a relay....solid power connection to battery controlled by a low input switching device to minimize draw from existing electrical components. its a pretty simple concept that anyone who has ever done any kind of real electrical work on a vehicle could tell you the same thing...

There is no question the system must be connected to a circuit on the car that can handle 10 amps and thats why its connected to the switched ignition (typically the biggest wire on your vehicle). When wired to the switched ignition wire this works fine.

If you wish to disagree you can ask why every single progressive controller kit on the market is set up the same way. You will notice that NO progressive controller from any manufacture runs an external relay and that includes the company that makes your kit. Its not any different at full dutycycle it pulls the same number of amps. There are reasons for this (including the fact that a relay is not fast enough), but the fact of the matter is its true. If you did any research you would see that there are 1,000's and 1,000's and 1,000's and 1,000's of kits from ALL manufacturers that dont have a relay.

Its not necessary to have a relay and that kit doesn't have it. That kit is designed to make wiring simple. 2 wires and you are done. Black wire= ground, red wire =switched ignition. Its meant to be simple and easy.

We do have kits that have a relay for those interested in the extra wiring.



CM
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,852 Posts
I dont consider that progressive. In the technical terms yes its progressive, I should have said "PWM PUMP" or "US SPEC Progressive".

Our S-HSV kits could use a relay just like the kit you have (again, not required), while our standard Vari-cool you could not use a relay due to intrinsics..

CM.
 
1 - 20 of 85 Posts
Top