Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am guessing it may be me or something, but this thing is a pain in the butt to install. It comes with the parts to make the kit to work, but as for installation it has been a nightmare for me. I have had to custom make things like brackets and lines to make everything fit nicely and make it all secure. Instead of tie wrapping my pump like alot have done I have mounted both the tank and the pump in the trunk. Trying to figure out where the safest and best place to mount everything was the most concern and is what took the longest. To mount the tank and pump correctly in the trunk plus just taking the time to figure out how to wire it all up too me around 7 hours on day 1. On day 2 I ran the lines from the trunk to the middle of the car when I ran out of line. The line that came with the kit was only enough to run the line from the trunk to the middle of the car after using some to connect the pump to the tank. Then it was time to figure out where in the heck to mount the boost solenoids(think thats what they are called) and other things. I have no idea if they are waterproof and what not so couldnt just put them anywhere under the hood plus you need them in a good spot so you adjust them when needed. After finding a place to finally mount it another bracket had to be made to mount it. Also there were no screws in the kit to mount them to anything. The relay wiring came into play today and all wires ran from inside the car to engine compartment. So on day 2 after spending around another 6 hours its still not finished. On day 3 running power to the pump, drilling holes for injectors, and hooking up the rest of the hose that I went out and bout will take place. Hopefully it doesnt take too long to finish it up.

I know there was instructions on how to wire everything up for our car so that wasnt a biggy..just took me a little bit to understand it all. The installation as its been said is different for every car, but I didnt think I would have had to get that involved with it.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Buddy, that is the gayest sig in the world....I stare at it in awe of this guy's abilty to be gay...EwWWweWew *shiver*

But your review is a bit help full. I did not think it would be very time cosumeing at all...Have you installed anything similarto this before this like a N2o kit? It could or shouldn't be much more dificult than that. right?

·
Premium Member
4,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
srt-4Sonny said:
Buddy, that is the gayest sig in the world....I stare at it in awe of this guy's abilty to be gay...EwWWweWew *shiver*

But your review is a bit help full. I did not think it would be very time cosumeing at all...Have you installed anything similarto this before this like a N2o kit? It could or shouldn't be much more dificult than that. right?
I will be taking pictures of where everything is mounted and ran that way there is an idea of where everything can be placed. I havent installed a N2o kit no, but I have installed things like my wideband, big turbo kit, exhaust, etc and none of them have taken this long. Just there is alot of wiring and customizing when trying to install this thing. I was going to writeup a complete how to for this project, but with everything involved it would take forever.

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
Just another bit of info, I've spoken to him on numerous occasions, and he's went MUCH further into installing this kit then most people have. The average person gets it done in about 5 hours I'd say, but doesn't put the time and perfection into this that he has :thumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts