Dodge SRT Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Eblue SRT-4
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Sounds like the upper thermostat housing has pitting where the rubber seals in the rad cap meet it. Extremely common problem that is only solved by a new or mint upper thermo housing. Coolant gets pushed into the overflow and barely returns as needed.
Pitting as in warped? I don’t see leaks coming from that area. But coolant does not return back into radiator the tank remains full at all times

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Pitting as in warped? I don’t see leaks coming from that area. But coolant does not return back into radiator the tank remains full at all times
Not warped, physicall pitting (indents) in the aluminum

·
Registered
2004 Eblue SRT-4
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Thanks for all the help and tips guys. The problem is the fact that the Koyo radiator is a much thicker core then stock, and the 2.4 block can only hold a certain capacity of coolant. So that explains why my overflow was always full. I siphoned some coolant out of my overflow so it measures half way, put the siphoned coolant into the radiator, and boom it is already filling up quickly to the top of the t-housing, I even had to catch some in a container from overflowing. No overheating (even before everything I’ve done), no wet passenger floor, no sweet interior smell or foggy windows, heater blows lava hot and AC ice cold.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.