Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seeking advise please! When I parked my 05’ Srt4 today, noticed coolant pouring out from underneath it. The engine started to get above normal operating range I turned the car off when the fans came on heard bubbling coming from the coolant reservoir so assumed it was spitting out through the over flow. The thermostat was steaming as well. Waited for it to cool a few hours and the coolant reservoir is up to the top ( I always check it to make sure it’s within operating so not a over filled situation) Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
your on the right track.. let it idle for 10 minutes (on jackstands) and trace the leak

common places
-oil cooler water lines
-2 cooling lines under intake manifold..
-cooling line near heater hoses under exhaust manifold

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the reply!
At this point I really don’t want to run it seeing how much coolant leaked out and the reservoir being completely full makes me wonder how much coolant is actually in the radiator still.
also concerned if it’s a failed water pump that the timing belt could possibly go..
i don’t think it was one of the lines you mentioned as I heard it bubbling and spitting out the coolant reservoir

·
Registered
521 Posts
Thank you for the reply!
At this point I really don’t want to run it seeing how much coolant leaked out and the reservoir being completely full makes me wonder how much coolant is actually in the radiator still.
also concerned if it’s a failed water pump that the timing belt could possibly go..
i don’t think it was one of the lines you mentioned as I heard it bubbling and spitting out the coolant reservoir
You can try a new radiator cap. My cap wasn't holding pressure and it was going into the overflow.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the response!! I will try that today.
Any idea on what I should do about the overflow reservoir being complete full (way above the operating range) Should I drain down to the operating range or will it flow back into the system once started?

·
Registered
521 Posts
You can remove some if you like. I use a siphon hose. The other way is to remove the bottle and empty.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts