Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I had my head gasket done with a 5 layer and ARP head studs because I thought my head gasket was bad because of the oil in the coolsnt.Old gasket looked great a few days later more oil in the coolant so I deleted the oil cooler a couple of days ago and today when I checked my coolant level I had fresh oil sitting right on top of the coolant hadn’t even mixed in with the coolant yet Anyone have any ideas what’s going on??

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Okay so I had my head gasket done with a 5 layer and ARP head studs because I thought my head gasket was bad because of the oil in the coolsnt.Old gasket looked great a few days later more oil in the coolant so I deleted the oil cooler a couple of days ago and today when I checked my coolant level I had fresh oil sitting right on top of the coolant hadn’t even mixed in with the coolant yet Anyone have any ideas what’s going on??
Places oil can mix with the coolant are in the turbo, block and head. I would pull the valve cover and then pressurize the cooling system and look for leaks.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
If you get oil in the coolant it can take some time to work out all the bits

full fill then flush with water, drive
Repeat
Repeat

A flush is
Remove lower rad hose
Remove thermostat housing
Stick garden hose into cold block for 5 minutes
Same for radiator cap/ fill