Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went with the wife to visit my in-laws last night. As I turn onto their street I see a DeLorean and an Infinity G35 at the corner house. I noticed the guys out front turn to check out the SRT as I go by.

About an hour after I got there, my sister-in-law comes in from out front and said "Someone wants to talk to you about your car."

I go outside and the DeLorean was parked at the end of the driveway. The same two guys were there and said they wanted to check out the car. We BS'd for a bit (the DeLorean only had 9500 miles on it, he just got it from some guy in California). After about 20 minutes I ask if they want to go for a short ride.

During the ride I made a couple of 2nd and 3rd gear blasts down the road (We're waaayyy out in the countryside). They both expressed some surprise at the power it had. Just before we got back, the DeLorean owner asked his friend what he thought. He says, "I think I spent about 15 grand too much. I won't be running against one of these with my G35." The DeLorean guy says, "Yah, my brother just spent 27 grand on a Mustang GT. I'm going to call him and tell him he's an idiot."

I laughed my ass of.

It's nice to be able to educate people.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Great story! :clap:

I got to show off my SRT-4 at a WRX/STI Dyno Day this weekend. A couple of guys rode with me and I got to open it up on a private air strip. They were impressed. Of course I was impressed when I saw a 1000 wheel HP Supra pull up too but that's a different story. ;)

·
Registered
632 Posts
nah.... it's nice that people can appreciate the SRT-4 instead of throwing the standard tired neon statements at it.

While you were talking to him about his Delorean did you try out the standard jokes? Look under the front hood of the car and say someone stole his engine? Or mention a Flux capacitor..... or even tell them he has a factory defect... they forgot to paint his car? .... My buddy has one and he hates those lines.... so I use them when I can.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.