Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Replacing the control arms, tie rods, and other bushings. Then the wheel hub just slid off the knuckle...?
So now going to replace the wheel hubs and bearing.

My question is should I install the knuckle onto the control arm then install the control arm?

I had to bang on the old control arm while still bolted up to remove the knuckle.

Unless I can hammer the knuckle onto a control arm that is already bolted up?

Also any tips on the wheel hub and bearing? Currently trying to find a good place to get the hub and bearing pressed in.

Wood Bicycle part Gas Auto part Rim

Automotive tire Rim Gas Auto part Bicycle part

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Replacing the control arms, tie rods, and other bushings. Then the wheel hub just slid off the knuckle...?
So now going to replace the wheel hubs and bearing.

My question is should I install the knuckle onto the control arm then install the control arm?

I had to bang on the old control arm while still bolted up to remove the knuckle.

Unless I can hammer the knuckle onto a control arm that is already bolted up?

Also any tips on the wheel hub and bearing? Currently trying to find a good place to get the hub and bearing pressed in.

View attachment 148351
View attachment 148352
Just pull down on it with a prybar.... or push up with a jack.... depending on the configuration. i find a prybar works best.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
make sure both front wheels are off the ground .. when one front wheel is on the ground the sway bar twist can make it hard to line up the hub/strut bolts

Reactions: lilviper

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea it wasn't bad after all. Slipped right on. Except I Popped off the driver axle on accident. Next time I will remember to remove the strut from the knuckle so that doesn't happen.

Also learned how easy replacing axles are in the process lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts