Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I'm sick and tired of everyone saying a million different release dates for the SRT-4, I just called the Dodge customer service line and the lady gave me the number for DaimlerChrysler Headquarters and she said that they would have the final answer. I called and go figure, they're closed right now, so tomorrow I'm going to call and I'll let all of you know what they say.

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
good luck.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I thought about doing this also, but I figured whats the point, they probably wont know anything about specifics. good luck though and if you find anything let us all know. Try to confirm production numbers if you get a chance.

·
Registered
6,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I got a hold of them, but it was before you asked me to try and find out production numbers, so I didn't ask, sorry. The guy was really helpful but didn't know the specific date they would be released. He did say though that it's unlikely they'll start producing the cars this month because there's 2 weeks of downtime due to the holiday vacations and such, but he said that they should be starting on them in the very beginning of January and that once they roll off the assembly line, it takes them 13 days to get from the production plant in Ill. to get here in Tampa, so that's a good thing. And they're producing the cars first that are ordered and I've already put in a deposit so as soon as orders can go in mine will be one of the first, so if that is the case, it's likely I can have it by the end of January, later than I hoped, but better than nothing. I'll let you guys know if I find out anything else.

·
Registered
103 Posts
They are already rolling off the assembly line. It started monday morning, and as of tuesday night 24 had been made, it is said that these will be the ones that are "demo" vehicles and DC employee leases. Check out the thread "can you hear it" on neons.org

·
Registered
22 Posts
bluestrat said:
MY FREAKIN' DEALER NEVER EVEN HEARD OF THE SRT-4!!! WTF???? I SHOULD BE A SALES PERSON! Doesn't look like I'll be getting any info from them :x
Get used to it. Sales people don't necessarily follow the industry as they should. Mainly they are interested in making money (by ripping you off :lol: ). If you were to ask the new car manager or general sales manager (GM) you would get an answer. If you don't like the dealer go to another one. I think you can even buy the car online if you would like to save some money and fly to another state to pick it up.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Viprman said:
bluestrat said:
MY FREAKIN' DEALER NEVER EVEN HEARD OF THE SRT-4!!! WTF???? I SHOULD BE A SALES PERSON! Doesn't look like I'll be getting any info from them :x
If you don't like the dealer go to another one. I think you can even buy the car online if you would like to save some money and fly to another state to pick it up.
Yeah, we only have ONE Dodge dealer in town, and the next closest one is SEVERAL hours away... So it's pretty much bite your tongue. They do get some new vehicles, just got one of the new chryslers, got a new '03 stratus, PT Turbo's, BUT NO SRT-4 will ever grace our lot! :x

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
5 Participants
bluestrat
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing