Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I've read post after post on what the correct oil to use is. There is concrete evidence that 5W30 should be used, but also evidence that 10W30 should be used. I work at a dealership and can verify that we got a dealer mail stating to stock up on 5W30 for the SRT-4, but then a few months back we had a Master Tech test/booklet that stated to use the 10W30. I myself have bought 5W30 Mobil 1. Most new cars out there suggest 5W30 from the start, so who knows? I'll contact Chrysler tomorrow and find out the 100% suggested oil to be used and update you guys ASAP! ANy other questions you have while I'm on the phone with them?

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
how about something concrete about some sort of cross reference of other brands of oil filter part numbers...

·
Registered
726 Posts
You can also ask them when the turbo upgrade packages will be released and Mopar Speedshops will open :wink:

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Anything come of our questions?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok. Finally got a hold of Chrysler today. The one question has been slaughtered a hundred times and we pretty much know. But just to clarify, YES, the SRT-4 DOES use 10W30. Doesn't matter weather conditions. (Unless you are picky and reading the bottle) Second, Ohio (at least my region) will be getting the SRT-4 with the next 3-5 weeks. All dealers in the nation will have their SRT-4 alloted to them by mid-may. Dodge is wanting to get them alloted by this time to start next production line. This DOES NOT mean ALL dealers will have theirs BY mid-may, but that all will be alloted ready to be shipped by mid-May. No real update on the upgrades yet but I will DEFINATELY let you guys know when something comes up.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Obviously it won't hurt it, you can always switch to 10W30 next time. Some people prefer to use 5W30 anyways, just really matter of opinion.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Pretty much the same thing. The only thing I was questioning was because we received dealer mail stating 5W30. Just glad that is all cleared up now.

·
Registered
867 Posts
I've always used 0-30 Moble 1 in my other cars(N/A), Would this be a problem with this application(turbo). From what I understand it's just a lighter oil with the same properties. More flow, right?

-James

1 - 13 of 13 Posts