Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where is a good interior constant 12v source that is powered even with the engine off and key out?

·
Registered
507 Posts
I don't have a good suggestion as for what wire for you to use. However, I have a suggestion on how to find it.

Get in your car without the key. What can you turn on? Use one of those. I'm gonna guess headlights.

·
Premium Member
4,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought about that. Maybe something with the MFS. Headlights, hazards, dome light etc. or maybe the constant for the radio to keep presets.

·
Premium Member
4,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've read enough stories about the MFS melting to not want any extra pull on it myself. May I ask what you're trying to do?
I have a diode dynamics bluetooth rgbw led controller I want to be able to use without the car on. I currently have it wired straight to the battery but would like to move it to the inside of the car.

·
Registered
507 Posts
You could run that wire through the firewall grommet and hook it up inside your dash. Hell, you could even add a fuse to the fuse panel inside the car if you went that route. I might consider that to be easier since you do not have to locate and splice an existing wire.

Edit: Alternatively, I think OBDII has a 12V pin. DST and Holley EAS allow you to hook up a power switch.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts