Dodge SRT Forum banner

61 - 80 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Im looking for someone who makes double dins, i really want one for my car please let me know if theres anyone that makes them ill pay for the job.. Im in miami thanks

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Im looking for someone who makes double dins, i really want one for my car please let me know if theres anyone that makes them ill pay for the job.. Im in miami thanks
Makes double dins or double din kits?

These rookies here did ok on theirs :eveilgrin

Any good audio shop can do it, but the labor will be more than I would pay, even if I didn't know how to do it.

I installed for 10 years, so you're looking right around 100-150 for labor, at least.

If you find a good shop that can do it, and do it for 100 or less, let them and save yourself the headache.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
gee, we "rookies" really look up to "experts" like you, especially when your entire audio-related contributions to this board consist of asking about a job as an installer at bestbuy and trying to sell an overpriced item but not succeeding. we bow to your awesomeness. our world is now complete that we have been blessed with your mere presence.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
gee, we "rookies" really look up to "experts" like you, especially when your entire audio-related contributions to this board consist of asking about a job as an installer at bestbuy and trying to sell an overpriced item but not succeeding. we bow to your awesomeness. our world is now complete that we have been blessed with your mere presence.
?

I wasn't talking about your install.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
?

I wasn't talking about your install.

gotta be more specific when posting then, but again based on what you have contributed to the board (nothing in audio-related posts) i think most of the "rookies" appear to have much more experience.

everything is subjective and everyone is entitled to their opinions, but you need something to backup statements like that before you go stepping on people's toes.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
gotta be more specific when posting then, but again based on what you have contributed to the board (nothing in audio-related posts) i think most of the "rookies" appear to have much more experience.

everything is subjective and everyone is entitled to their opinions, but you need something to backup statements like that before you go stepping on people's toes.
I am a certified installer, have well over 10 years experience, and have taken the advanced fabrication course at Metra's installers institute, under Jeremy Carlson's tutelage. I don't need to post pictures for self gratification.

When I said these rookies did ok, I wasn't referring to you because your install doesn't look good. I was trying to be respectful and not just come out with no basis saying that...not to mention it had no relevance to the poster I was responding to.

If you are happy with your work, nothing anyone says should bother you. You chose to :ben: about a harmless expression not even directed towards you. Are you that vain?

I don't really care to get involved in pointless arguments...I did enough of that my first go around on this site, when I was young and immature.

You throwing jabs at people who are far more experienced than you will lead you down that same path. I suggest you just be happy with your work and call it a day.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
I am a certified installer, have well over 10 years experience, and have taken the advanced fabrication course at Metra's installers institute, under Jeremy Carlson's tutelage. I don't need to post pictures for self gratification.

When I said these rookies did ok, I wasn't referring to you because your install doesn't look good. I was trying to be respectful and not just come out with no basis saying that...not to mention it had no relevance to the poster I was responding to.

If you are happy with your work, nothing anyone says should bother you. You chose to :ben: about a harmless expression not even directed towards you. Are you that vain?

I don't really care to get involved in pointless arguments...I did enough of that my first go around on this site, when I was young and immature.

You throwing jabs at people who are far more experienced than you will lead you down that same path. I suggest you just be happy with your work and call it a day.

:thumbsup:
wow. 10 whole years of experience, all that classroom and you still had to ask people how to get a job at bestbuy? that's impressive. ya, you are far more experienced than i am because 10 years ago i had only been doing car audio for 12 years.

you still have no basis to say anything. you have never been active in the audio section and you have not contributed anything. you come into a thread and put down others with absolutely nothing to back it up. look in the mirror before you start "throwing jabs" at others. you should be nominated for forum member of the month! you may not feel the need to post anything to support your claims but to the rest of the world you are just another "internet expert" and nothing more.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I know this thread is old, but I've been looking into doing something like this for my car.

There's some great info here, thanks.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
it's really not that hard to do. hell i could teach my mom how to do it if i wanted to :) no one says you have to start out with a big piece or make it perfect on your first try. it's a learning experience, and once you have the basics and a few tricks down you can make anything you can imagine.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Thanks for the info again...

Quick question, when I'm doing this step

next you line up the cut box and mark your mounting holes to drill out. once they are all done simply screw it into the hu.

*note*
i had to redo the mounting holes after i took these next pics. the hu was set too far back into the center of the dash and needed to be moved forward. since each hu is a little different this isn't a huge issue but it should be pointed out. i had to move them back 11/16" of an inch

I'm drilling into the new unit, I'm worried I could damage something on the inside... Is there a special place to drill the holes?

61 - 80 of 88 Posts