Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I'm thinking about selling my Commemorative Edition with 77K miles on it. It's in near mint condition, with 0 problems mechanically. The interior is immaculate. The car for the most part is stock, minus the air intake and a few minor cosmetic things.

I'm trying to figure out what it's worth. I've seen a few dealers (I know they'll be high) try to sell for in the upwards of 15k. I'm not sure if it's actually sold I've also seen a few Facebook individuals ask for a clean CE and they have 15k to spend on it. Someone even offered me 13k for mine right now...

Are these holding their value? I paid over 10k 3 (or 4) years ago with half the miles on it and I'm still receiving high offers for mine at this current time.

I'm deliberating over whether or not I should keep the car for another 5 years (or whatever amount) to get the full driving value out of it. Or, I should just sell right now and get the highest amount possible.

What do you all think?

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Anything over clean NADA retail is a bonus.

Anything over what you paid for is x amount of miles ago is even more of a bonus.

If I were in the market for a car I'd offer you at a maximum clean retail. If the car is wrecked you will get that money back and that is it. (in most cases)

Anything over the price of a plain srt in great condition is nuts IMO.

Sure it is a CE but in the end it is a neon from a buyers perspective.

Since you are considering selling it I would encourage you to do so and sell it to an enthusiast who will appreciate it as a CE.

$8,875 is what I'd max out as a buyer w/ 77k on the clock

Why was your car painted?

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had some of the engine components painted to match the car.

What I'm wondering is, will people still appreciate that it's a CE in several years from now? I still can't believe someone offered me 13k and I've seen this exact car go for that same price, but with HALF the miles on it. Does this mean their holding their value?

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
A CE is only worth what someone will pay for it. Miles or no miles.

Holding its value? Well that depends on the beholder. To me a CE has a special place in my driveway. To others it is just a neon.

Opinions will vary. Kinda like the yellow ones. I personally like them and might pay a little more for a yellow 03 in good shape and all the 04-05 upgrades.

Are you going to see one roll across Mecum or Barrett-Jackson for a premium in a few years? Time will tell. I'd bet not though.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like the advice you've given me so far.

I guess what I'm looking for is, what do most people value a CE at or are willing to pay for them? I'm talking people who are actually interested in a CE and understand their value.

You're right though, it is completely up to the individual and what they think this car will be worth. Gah, I wish this were easier.

On one hand, I could just drive it for a very long time knowing that I love the car and it'll be reliable since I replaced a lot of parts (some necessary and some just to make me feel better that they were new). I wouldn't mind that so much. On the other hand, I could sell it now and get a beater car. I would simply just pocket the money and use it as a car fund for something more expensive in the future.

Oh, decisions, decision :).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts