Dodge SRT Forum banner

2521 - 2540 of 2551 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,522
LMFAO!!!!

058/200 On Ebay For 100,000

Let me be perfectly honest here, I'd love to see our cars rise in value, but this guy is on crack hahaha.

A Litte More Info From BaT

He paid $25k for it in June
It was listed for $122K on FB in Aug.
It was then fake bid to $67K on eBay in Sept.
It was relisted at $50k with 0 bids in Oct.
It was bid to $23K here in Nov.
The key was the BaT bids were the only authentic bids since it was put on the market. ;)
In all seriousness though, if you really love a car like the SRT-4 and want to fork over 25k to get a "like new" version, so you can have and use it? Go for it. I really wouldn't advise paying 25k for a 15 year old SRT-4 as a business investment however.

·
Super Moderator
15,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,525
1/28/2021

Added 011/200, owned by The_Arch, welcome aboard!
Updated status on 030/200
Updated status on 040/200, car has been sold, new owner unknown
Updated status on 047/200, 065/200, and 076/200, all owed by SRT4 #76, wowser!
Added Tiffers, new owner of 050/200, welcome aboard!
Added 058/200, owner unknown
Added 060/200, owner unknown
Added 070/200, owner unknown
Added 079/200, owner unknown
Added 132/200, bought on BaT, owner not a member on SRTForums
Added jaysrt17, new owner of 147/200, welcome aboard!
Added Modz 4 Higher, new owner of 167/200, welcome aboard!
Updated status on 175/200
Added Dak360, new owner of 191/200, welcome aboard!
Added Gee323, new owner of 199/200, welcome aboard!

Also had to fix 102/200 and 104/200’s owner links, due to yet another hashtag reformat which changed the link to their user name because it had a pound sign in the name.

I had a LOT of editing to do today, so please review the list. If anyone sees something out of wack, please let me know in a reply or message me and I’ll try and get it fixed.

·
Super Moderator
15,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,526
I’d like to give a big welcome to you new people. I often feel bad that I can’t update as quick as I’d like. I remember once going through a year's worth of edits, did the “welcome” edit for one new owner, then later that night I'm about through 6 months of posts and see that after he bought the car he totaled it. Then I’m editing the color red (sadness) onto the car number, on the same night I added the owner, really feeling down. I’m just really glad that didn’t happen this time, but I also feel bad that I see a lot of one and done posts, where new owners make a post or two then that’s the last we see of them here. I wish we all had the time we used to have here to post a bunch of replies, to ask for photos of their cars and give them kudos, or make suggestions and help them out. Time has a way of creeping up on us all.

I know sometimes it seems like the forum has slowed down a lot but this thread means a lot to me, this has been 14 years in the making and a lot of time and effort. At the time I started this thread in 2007 I had just moved back to my parents from California after coming back from Iraq. My wife was getting out of the Marines, pregnant with our first child, and I honestly didn’t know where life would take me. I figured I’d find about 20 or so owners of this car over a couple months and that would be the end of it.

Now here we are with what, more than 150 of the 200 cars found, around 3000 replies, a third of a million views? WOW! I really believe The amount of love that goes into this thread isn’t just mine in the upkeep it’s each and every one of you. Even those who don’t own a commemorative seem to have a personal protective nature about these cars and that is part of what makes this so worthwhile. I read through some of the old posts not just in this thread but elsewhere, I remember so many names, sometimes just from the avatars, and some I wonder what happened to, and some that I do know, and that they’ll never return ☹

I do worry about the future of SRTForums but I hope that as long as the owners are overall profitable (even if most of the revenue is from other sites) that we can have a home here. The moderators and admins that make this all possible do a lot of work in the background that most of us will never know is going on, and for a lot of us, there’s nothing in the way of payment other than the personal satisfaction for helping others to enjoy these cars more.

From a car guy whose SRT-4 has moved 52 feet in 2 years (into the driveway last week to install a new garage door opener, then back into the garage she went, needs a new tranny), I still feel those same 15 year old butterflies when I open the driver’s door and sit inside, look around, close my eyes, and the memories come rushing back. Someday baby, I'll get that transmission fixed. Hey she just goes up in value sitting here, right? LOL

So a huge thank you to you all, maybe I don’t say it enough. I probably just posted up a book that no one will read, but even so, none of this is worthwhile without all of you 😊

·
Premium Member
4,712 Posts
I’d like to give a big welcome to you new people. I often feel bad that I can’t update as quick as I’d like. I remember once going through a year's worth of edits, did the “welcome” edit for one new owner, then later that night I'm about through 6 months of posts and see that after he bought the car he totaled it. Then I’m editing the color red (sadness) onto the car number, on the same night I added the owner, really feeling down. I’m just really glad that didn’t happen this time, but I also feel bad that I see a lot of one and done posts, where new owners make a post or two then that’s the last we see of them here. I wish we all had the time we used to have here to post a bunch of replies, to ask for photos of their cars and give them kudos, or make suggestions and help them out. Time has a way of creeping up on us all.

I know sometimes it seems like the forum has slowed down a lot but this thread means a lot to me, this has been 14 years in the making and a lot of time and effort. At the time I started this thread in 2007 I had just moved back to my parents from California after coming back from Iraq. My wife was getting out of the Marines, pregnant with our first child, and I honestly didn’t know where life would take me. I figured I’d find about 20 or so owners of this car over a couple months and that would be the end of it.

Now here we are with what, more than 150 of the 200 cars found, around 3000 replies, a third of a million views? WOW! I really believe The amount of love that goes into this thread isn’t just mine in the upkeep it’s each and every one of you. Even those who don’t own a commemorative seem to have a personal protective nature about these cars and that is part of what makes this so worthwhile. I read through some of the old posts not just in this thread but elsewhere, I remember so many names, sometimes just from the avatars, and some I wonder what happened to, and some that I do know, and that they’ll never return ☹

I do worry about the future of SRTForums but I hope that as long as the owners are overall profitable (even if most of the revenue is from other sites) that we can have a home here. The moderators and admins that make this all possible do a lot of work in the background that most of us will never know is going on, and for a lot of us, there’s nothing in the way of payment other than the personal satisfaction for helping others to enjoy these cars more.

From a car guy whose SRT-4 has moved 52 feet in 2 years (into the driveway last week to install a new garage door opener, then back into the garage she went, needs a new tranny), I still feel those same 15 year old butterflies when I open the driver’s door and sit inside, look around, close my eyes, and the memories come rushing back. Someday baby, I'll get that transmission fixed. Hey she just goes up in value sitting here, right? LOL

So a huge thank you to you all, maybe I don’t say it enough. I probably just posted up a book that no one will read, but even so, none of this is worthwhile without all of you 😊
I read it! well say!

I've been trying to preach this same idea for a while. It is interesting the protective nature some of us feel towards these cars (commemorative edition or not). I wish i could afford to buy all the SRT-4s i see that are out and about and in need and not taken care of...

·
Super Moderator
15,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,528
I updated one Silver_Tank as the owner of both 004 and 195, based on a message he left on my user page that I either never saw or somehow didn't correlate it. That's fixed now.

·
SRT-4 Guru (Tech Team)
1,043 Posts
I still pop in for the photos of clean cars and bad jokes. ;-)

This place has been amazing from the start, and whether you all knew it at the time or not, the PL SRT-4 Development team had their finger on the pulse of this place on a regular basis.

The original PL SRT-4 program was only supposed to be 7500 cars over 3 years. As it turned out, we sold quite a few more than that... The car had broad appeal in the early days, and the diehard enthusiasts have kept the flame lit much longer than anyone could have imagined when the production program launched in 2000.

I sincerely regret selling my PL SRT-4 ACR in 2016, and I have moved on from that, but every time my wife or I hear an SRT-4, our heads are on a swivel...

Continue being awesome, y'all.

-Doc

Reactions: Simon.Starkie

·
Registered
4,274 Posts

This place has been amazing from the start, and whether you all knew it at the time or not, the PL SRT-4 Development team had their finger on the pulse of this place on a regular basis.

The original PL SRT-4 program was only supposed to be 7500 cars over 3 years. As it turned out, we sold quite a few more than that... The car had broad appeal in the early days, and the diehard enthusiasts have kept the flame lit much longer than anyone could have imagined when the production program launched in 2000.

I sincerely regret selling my PL SRT-4 ACR in 2016, and I have moved on from that, but every time my wife or I hear an SRT-4, our heads are on a swivel...

-Doc
Yep. Both you and Tweaker gave me some great advice. 2003 SRT-4 S3R still going strong at 126,324 miles.

·
Super Moderator
15,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,532

-Doc
I really do miss the chat sessions. My favorite line I maybe ever saw was the night that there was a chat session going on regarding the upcoming (at the time) Caliber SRT-4, and that the release time was going to have to be moved back again. After some grumblings from the forum members in our responses, asking "WHY?" which often times can't be answered for a variety of reasons, someone on the SRT team responded with "Polishing a turd comes to mind" and within just a few moments that was deleted and some comment about the starter causing an issue replaced it. I laughed so hard, I actually felt like the Caliber SRT-4 in the end was a pretty decent little vehicle, but with the issues the team had to deal with at the time, I could fully understand that kneejerk response.

I still hope for some surprise SRT-4 again someday, I say surprise, because heck there isn't even a small car right now in the lineup. I pray for the future of this company given that if gas were to ever spike again, Chrysler as a whole might be done for.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I really do miss the chat sessions. My favorite line I maybe ever saw was the night that there was a chat session going on regarding the upcoming (at the time) Caliber SRT-4, and that the release time was going to have to be moved back again. After some grumblings from the forum members in our responses, asking "WHY?" which often times can't be answered for a variety of reasons, someone on the SRT team responded with "Polishing a turd comes to mind" and within just a few moments that was deleted and some comment about the starter causing an issue replaced it. I laughed so hard, I actually felt like the Caliber SRT-4 in the end was a pretty decent little vehicle, but with the issues the team had to deal with at the time, I could fully understand that kneejerk response.

I still hope for some surprise SRT-4 again someday, I say surprise, because heck there isn't even a small car right now in the lineup. I pray for the future of this company given that if gas were to ever spike again, Chrysler as a whole might be done for.
The caliber was a good little car....compared to what? my wifes caliber was 1. garbage the thing ate transmissions, 2. terrible handled like a small boay and 3. scrapped when it was 7 years old, no one wanted it and it wasnt worth a 4th CVT.

My 03 SRT is still ticking along.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
15,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,534
I was speaking specifically about the SRT-4. The base caliber... yah, CVT is utter garbage.

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
Maybe thr CVT on the base model Caliber was crap.
But the Getrag transmission on the Caliber SRT-4 I owned new from 2008-2011 was quite good.
It was much better than the New Venture Gear in my 2003 Neon SRT-4 I've owned since new.

·
Premium Member
3,136 Posts
Maybe thr CVT on the base model Caliber was crap.
But the Getrag transmission on the Caliber SRT-4 I owned new from 2008-2011 was quite good.
It was much better than the New Venture Gear in my 2003 Neon SRT-4 I've owned since new.
Was waiting for someone else who had both to make this comment. The CSRT had a really great shifting trans. It needed an LSD to be 100%

Reactions: Simon.Starkie

·
Super Moderator
15,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,538
For future reference:

189/200 is now owned by Cindy from FWD Performance (who rocks by the way, just going to put that out there).

User name is SRT403 here on the forums.

·
Registered
8 Posts
#58 just popped up on Ebay, with 125 original miles on it
absolutely incredible to see, but they have it listed at 100k or "Offer"

2521 - 2540 of 2551 Posts