Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Okay I love the stock tail lights. But I do have a thing for the LED tail lights. But what I didn't like about them when I had them on my Ps2 SRT4 was the chrome reverse housing. I see SDK Performance offers turning them black along with the red portion. Personally I want the red still for safety reasons. I am just trying to decide what color to go with.

Here is some pictures I found and rehosted. All white with the chrome reverse housing.

I am thinking about having the LED portion in stone white. The back portion being black along with the reverse housing.

Or back portion being black with LED and reverse being stone white?

Oooorrrr back portion being stone white and the LED and reverse being black?

What do you guys think? Wish I could photoshop to get an idea but I cannot.

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
Good luck....those LEDs burn out constantly so you will get very skilled at opening that up to replace them (or throw them away)

·
Registered
5,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good luck....those LEDs burn out constantly so you will get very skilled at opening that up to replace them (or throw them away)
Meh I don't like to hear that.

I had decided on reverse housing and LED strips being stone white

Like I said I had a set on my silver car and never had the LEDS go out. But I ran them for like 2 months or so before I sold them. But I remember reading about that happening to people. That would be a PITA having to take them out and fix.

Damn now I am leaning towards not messing with it. :/ Just wanted to spice up the rear end a bit.

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
OMG you RACIST!!!
lmao I had to read his post three times... my brain kept putting the letter E on the end of the word. Millennials probably don't even know what that word means.

Reactions: Simon.Starkie

·
Registered
4,529 Posts
OMG you RACIST!!!
How could I be a RACIST when my Grandmothers name was Italia August ? :jester:
Yeah I noticed I had glorfed the word "spice" but decided I liked it just fine the way it is, so I left it.

Funny thing is, I started noticing Sola Yellow Chargers with the same back end treatment about a year after I did this mod in 2006.
I wish I'd used a satin semigloss instead of gloss for the black because it would have matched the black on the Mopar 3D tail lights.
I've still got the OEM "basket handle" spoiler, but I think the the black SXT spoiler looks better and is more appropriate.

Anyway, I hope this helps the OP "spice" up his backside :feedback:

·
Registered
5,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Love that look on the solar yellow with the mopar 3ds, black SXT spoiler and the black stripe. Very nice and clean

I personally want to keep my rear with a lot of white on my stone white. I just wish the LEDS weren't garbage on the Depo tails and would hold up. Hell I might have good luck? Maybe now they hold up better now then they did in say 2009 or so when they came out?

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
Just don't expect too much. Most guys I see get a year or two before it burns out. You always seem them for sale locally with partially burnt out LED lights. Don't know why they suck so bad (no I do....but you can't expect too much for aftermarket lights)

·
Registered
104 Posts
I went thru 2 pairs of SDK BLACK tailights!!!

First pair was not sealed well so the water was getting inside.
I send them back my tailights and meanwhile they send me a new pair.....

They put lots of ugly translucent silicone inside inside and it just looked awefull!!! WHY TO USE TRANSLUCENT SILICONE INSTEAD OF BLACK ONE?!!!
They also started leaking after next rain!!!

I also had bad experience with their 3" down pipe which i bought from SDK. The pipe was leaking around flex section and they FORGOT to weld additional o2 bung for wideband sensor-which i payed extra for it!!
Never ended up even returning founds I payed for that bung to be welded!

For me guys are SDK are butchers!

Thats the picture of first set of tailights they send me. Dont have a picture of butchered second set!

·
Registered
5,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah that's horrible. Glad I decided to not get that custom set from them. I was VERY close too.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts