Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm wondering what my options would be for a smoother ride yet retaining a tight handling experience. My car came with the Megan Racing coilovers and boy they are BOUNCY! I set the dampers to full soft and they're still bouncy, full hard and they're still bouncy. The other night I was able to get under it and reset the preload (the previous owner set almost an inch worth of spring preload!!). I set the preload to 5/16" and they're not 'as' bouncy now but definitely really bouncy if I hit any type of road dip or deformation at high speeds. It's really butthole puckering.

Anyway, I searched for forum for suspension options and I found people really liked the BC coilovers and the Mopar stage 3 coils (Which are KW coils with different valving and springs?). I can't find the Mopar Stage 3 coils anymore so I was looking at the KW coils stocked on modernperformance's website. They stated to have a progressive spring rate which is what would help soak up a rough ride quality I assume. My question here if what coils would you guys recommend? Do the stock SRT4 struts handle well? I can't imagine these cars ride like garbage from the factory lol!

·
Administrator
39,022 Posts
From the factory or with mopar parts it rides well. All of the cheap overseas semi-generic coilovers ride pretty bad and there's no real way to fix it without custom valving and proper spring rate and length choices.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I'm pretty much going to have to find a set of Mopar stage 3 Coils then eh?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts