Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who makes a good clutch for us? I dont know if the flywheel is the same size as the regular neon. I knwo my clutch wont be lasting for to long.

riceeatrs clutch is already slipping!

·
Registered
109 Posts
I think there isn't a great deal of info available since the New Venture T850 tranny is brand new. It comes with a Sachs high-capacity clutch, so Sachs is probably where I would start looking for a replacement.

In the first gen Neons the clutch, pressure plate, and flywheel were all one piece. In the latest SCC mag they have a story that outlines installing a new Kevlar HD clutch with an alumimum flywheel in a gen 1. The company that made those go-fast parts is Unorthodox Racing (www.unorthodoxracing.com 631-253-4900). Since they produce Neon stuff they may be getting on board with the SRT clutch.

It would be nice if you clutch could hold out until the LSD was available so you could kill two birds with one project.

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is correct. I saw Will (riceeters) clutch slip when i was iwth him.

If you put it in 4th gear and stomp on teh gas from 2k rpm you see the rpm shoot up then shoot back down.

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
Exhaust Depot said:
That is correct. I saw Will (riceeters) clutch slip when i was iwth him.

If you put it in 4th gear and stomp on teh gas from 2k rpm you see the rpm shoot up then shoot back down.
hey c'mon,

even my civic with all ~140WHP did that from time to time....I believe its how you come off the clutch, go down on the gas.

·
Premium Member
6,610 Posts
You guys ar scareing me!! clutches goin out in a month and tires being replaced in 3000 miles. Either you all are using these machines for racing A LOT or DCX product is not as good as I thought. HUH?

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
I think its them.....the only valid problem I have seen is RAPTOR's MAP sensor issue.....the rest of them wear lead shoes :D

·
Registered
726 Posts
spcforker said:
You guys ar scareing me!! clutches goin out in a month and tires being replaced in 3000 miles. Either you all are using these machines for racing A LOT or DCX product is not as good as I thought. HUH?
In my case with a tire developing a small sidewall bubble, it wasn't a DCX imperfection. If anything it was a Michelin tire imperfection...even though they want to insist it was a matter of me hitting some kind of 'road hazard.' As with everything in life, sometimes you get a bad _______ (insert one of a million examples here.)

·
Registered
9 Posts
In my case with a tire developing a small sidewall bubble, it wasn't a DCX imperfection. If anything it was a Michelin tire imperfection...even though they want to insist it was a matter of me hitting some kind of 'road hazard.' As with everything in life, sometimes you get a bad _______ (insert one of a million examples here.)
it could have been your fault. since you have michelins it doesn't matter. michelin makes by far the best tires available. they also have one of the best return policies. a bubble is cause when the rubber on the inside is weak and the bubble shows from the air pressure in the tire. this can be caused by hitting curbs and such but in my experience (i change tires for sears) 90% of the time it's the tires fault. they usually come back in a week or 2 to get them changed out.

·
Registered
726 Posts
emericanchaos said:
it could have been your fault. since you have michelins it doesn't matter. michelin makes by far the best tires available. they also have one of the best return policies. a bubble is cause when the rubber on the inside is weak and the bubble shows from the air pressure in the tire. this can be caused by hitting curbs and such but in my experience (i change tires for sears) 90% of the time it's the tires fault. they usually come back in a week or 2 to get them changed out.
Funny...Sears is who I took it to and who told me it was my fault. They said "99%" of the time this sort of thing is road hazard related. Oh well, I ate the repair cost myself and got road hazard coverage on all 4 at the same time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
9 Participants
ohyeahwright
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing