Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
some may already know that our clutch did no do us good this past sunday in our hopes to get a better time than our previous [email protected] Well needless to say our clutch was having some issues. Thanks to [email protected] we were able to get our problem resolved. The guys at Spec were able to get us a new clutch within time and also upgrade to a Spec stage 3F. I will install the new Spec clutch tomorrow.

so here is what a slipping clutch looks like on the dyno:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SY04SRT4 said:
Wow... you can definitely see that!

Good #'s on the ATP kit BTW..Pump?
yeah, 20psi (19.7psi on our digital gauge) and Sunoco 93 octane. at the track we went to 23psi and the clutch slipped.

the dyno sheet showing that it slipped was at 14.6psi.

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
hey what's with that sudden torque jump from 250wheel to 325wheel in about 300rpm?

I see the run starts about 2100rpm and the car gradually increases from [email protected] to [email protected] and then voom 325 @3500! 75lb-ft in about 300rpm would be quite the experience I'm guessing :) great #'s

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
SpoolnSRT420 said:
I believe the red line is hp holmes
I'm not talking about the HP line. I am competant (sp) enough to tell the difference between the HP plot and the tq plot

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
Stealth said:
You guys only getting 350 from the atp kit???
No, the car has never had a full pull yet.

The best dyno was 369whp but the intercooler pipe blew off at 5500rpms and broke the slave cylinder. Plus that was with the clutch slipping big time. Plus that is before tuning the car. Plus the wastegate on the ATP kit is not dumped to atmosphere so that takes away from at least 15whp. Plus the throttle body gasket was blown out, which Nivo is fixing right this minute.

When everything is said and done, the car should be putting out a minimum of 400whp with tuning. We have just been trying to resolve other issues to even get to tuning, such as the TPS, the clutch and the slave/master cylinders.

The dyno numbers don't mean much to us anyway. It's much more important for us to have good results at the track. My fear is that by the time we resolve the issues and get this car race ready, the racing season will end first!

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
damn...best of luck though

seeing your car makes me miss my red one.

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
I8URVR6 said:
hey what's with that sudden torque jump from 250wheel to 325wheel in about 300rpm?

I see the run starts about 2100rpm and the car gradually increases from [email protected] to [email protected] and then voom 325 @3500! 75lb-ft in about 300rpm would be quite the experience I'm guessing :) great #'s
Yes it is quite a nice experience. This turbo is in full spool around 3200rpms.
So what you are seeing on the graph is the turbo kicking in. There is not much turbo lag with this kit, which is great. On the street, it's gradual until right around 2800rpms, then BAM, the turbo kicks in. It is quite a thrill indeed.

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
see there were people out there that told me i was smoking crack cause i kept insisting there was a stronger clutch from Spec called the Stage 3f

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.