Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
2,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone else having this. checked motor mounts and they were fine. any ideas on what it could be, just started up out of nowhere, does not seem to effect the driving at all.

·
Registered
907 Posts
i had that...but it was due to the mm bolts being loose...tightened them up and it was fine

·
Registered
159 Posts
mine is doing that right now, what's the cause and what is it? The dealership can't figure it out

·
Banned
2,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
have check motor mount bolts and no luck. hummm what about I guess we could double check the tranny mount, and then the break and rim to make sure all tight.

what about shocks being lose or worn out?

also ours needs and alighment maybe that will fix it just thouwing out ideas

·
Registered
159 Posts
just got mine back from mechanics and the case that holds the suspension to the frame was loose. mine shifted a sixth of a inch and cause something to hit something else and they just moved it back and torqued all my bolts down. I also recieved new sway bar links and bushings, and now my car handles better now than it did when i bought brand new. if you need more info just post and i'll call the mechanic. hope everything works out.

·
Registered
159 Posts
my suspension bolts just didn't tight enough from factory. so just check all your suspension bolts.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
yea i have been havin clunks from the right front as well, ever since i got my progress springs installed. its weird though, it doesnt clunk on all bumps.... i can feel any difference in handling, just an annoying clunk sound

·
Registered
159 Posts
that's what mine was doing, just when i would come out of steeper driveways and stuff at angles. that's the only time it would happen

·
Registered
159 Posts
lets say i'm pulling out of a dealership onto the road. and you don't want your front end to scrape so you hit it at an angle. Well when you hit the slope your susupension compresses. When my suspension would straighten back out it would make a big thunk noise. That's the only time it would do it. more anoing than anything. But a problem at that. So I let my dealership here in wyoming take a look at it and mine was the first reported case so if yours is doing the same thing you guys need to report it so they'll send out a report. I have a feeling this is going to be happening more often. mine is an 04 eblue with 4400 miles on it. so good luck

·
Registered
159 Posts
i'll get the exact fix for it, and post tomorrow. The engineers at chrysler told him they had no clue so it's the first case. but anyways he fixed it and i'll let u guys know what exactly it is..

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I have the same thing, It makes a clunk sound starting out in first gear. now it doesnt do it when i let out the clutch super slow, but only when i drive it normally. ya know letting out the clutch on time no riding it. and yes i do know how to drive my car. lol I checked all mounts and nothing. looks like ill have to check out my suspension bolts. DAMN!!!!

Mike

·
Banned
2,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well turns out that it was the motor mounts were working there way lose again. I have aftermarket ones and even used red locktite on em but somehow.

We checked and the top one was a lil lose and btm was fine so tighted up the top a few days latter started happening again, btm one was lose so we tighted that up, and well we never thought to check and tighten both top and btm at the same time when we did that fixed it thank goodness.

Some how we keep knocking em lose or cracking the bushings have no idea how either since cars with way more pwr and raced don't have the problem with the same stuff. O well guess we are just special LOL

1 - 14 of 14 Posts