Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A week ago or so i started to hear a click noise coming from under my dash or in the engine compartment on the drivers side. It only started doing it when starting out in first gear it would click once. Recently it does it when I shift into second gear also. Those are the only times i recognize it. It sounds like something lose maybe. Any one have this same noise? Any ideas?

·
Registered
709 Posts
First, how loud is it?

Do you think it could be one of those rattles that happens at only certain RPM's? I had one Neon in once with a rattle and it only happened at a certain RPM, and it ended up being a loose exhaust heat shield nut.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
not real loud just a little click and i think i might have something loose. i will check in a bit when the car cools down. i put an iceman cai a few weeks ago and something might be loose.

·
Registered
709 Posts
When you let up on the clutch and it makes the noise, do you feel anything in the pedal?

It may be something in the clutch master, slave, pedal assy. or clutch itself. But since you say it's only while driving, it seems to me like it's something in the clutch. If that's so, I can see why your dealer wants to pull the tranny. Let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey I don’t have a click, but I do have a rattle. It mainly does it when I’m about to brake or when I’m down shifting. To be specific it’s coming from the driver side, under the the top dash. Any ideas what it might be anyone?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
5 Participants
Hekzz_
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing