Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a new gates racing timing belt installed along with a clear cover. Also water pump, cam seals, tensioner, both accesory belts and a 180 degree thermostat. It now runs 180 -185 on a 90 degree humid day.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
16,386 Posts
So, here was my path down the rabbit hole in the last 2 hours...

Corinthian leather> watching youtube video on the chrysler commercial (actually before you even posted this)

watching Ricardo Montalbon on Letterman > watching Star Trek II Wrath of Khan >
watching actor interviews about wrath of khan
interstellar clips > "alright alright alright" memes (matthew mcconahey)
john grisham movie clips
Damn you Corinthian Leather

·
Registered
4,687 Posts
Maybe this question in the Modern Pe3rformance offering answers the question raised here:
  • STEPHEN
    How are these covers holding up over time due to the engine bay heat?
    1 Answer
    • CUSTOMER SERVICE REP
      Zaklee has been making clear timing covers for many years. They are American made, with high grade Polycarbonate plastic. Polycarbonate tolerates heat very well, and is the best type of plastic to use for a clear, see through design.

·
Registered
4,687 Posts
Maybe this question in the Modern Pe3rformance offering answers the question raised here:
  • STEPHEN
    1 Answer
    • CUSTOMER SERVICE REP
      Zaklee has been making clear timing covers for many years. They are American made, with high grade Polycarbonate plastic. Polycarbonate tolerates heat very well, and is the best type of plastic to use for a clear, see through design.
and then there is this:

"Unlike acrylic though, the colour clarity of polycarbonate does diminish over time and will adopt a yellow hue with prolonged exposure to the UV rays. "

I gues there aren't many UV rays if you keep the hood closed...

·
Registered
14 Posts
  • STEPHEN
    1 Answer
    • CUSTOMER SERVICE REP
Thanks for the info. Would rather have someone who bought it tell me their experience rather than the person trying to sell it.

·
Super Moderator
16,386 Posts
Thanks for the info. Would rather have someone who bought it tell me their experience rather than the person trying to sell it.
Just an FYI for all of you talking about polycarbonite, my car is inside all the time, and my headlights don't suffer as much from UV, they are only now starting to get a little bit of the damage.

Just a thought: How much UV light is going to hit that belt cover while it is under the hood in near total darkness? :) Probably not much, if any.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts