Dodge SRT Forum banner
21 - 40 of 54 Posts
The SRT-8 300 will be available in october 2004 as a 2005 model It will have a blower on the 5.7 as well as 20" rizims and a "sport suspension" and tranny program along with different rear end gearing and some big Bosch brakes again it will be RWD only, the AWD regular units will arrive first quarter next year as a 2006 MY. AWD will be avail with the 3.5 or the 5.7 HEMI only

300CHemi said:
I have not heard of any official SRT-8 project. The only rumors I have heard is that a supercharger "may" become available through motorsport division.

I just don't see that happening for awhile if it does at all. Since it has not been leaked mainstream you can expect that it would be at least 2006 or 2007 before you saw such a car and by then the Superchargers will be available in aftermarket.

remember this is not a car that competes with the F.O.R.D. Rustang It competes with the CTS (and spanks the shit out of it at $10,000 less)

dangerously_cool said:
ah that's great.
only one qualm (sp?) with the 300c now, but since i wont be buying any new cars for a while, it doesnt matter.
needs a manual.

sounds like the perfect car

Styling and power...this sounds like a real beast. I will be in line to upgrade if that car comes out.

I heard back from Whipple SC's and they don't plan to release a SC package until at least 2005

The 300 SRT-8 will revile the Cadi CTV-R version.

The point of bringing up this car model is for those who what a real performance sedan to match the M5, CTV, and other in that category. I just hate to see folks buy the 300 C and then SRT releases the SRT-8 version. Making that 35-38K dollars payments and being disappointed in not waiting. However,this car will not be for everyone and the 300 C is a great car for the buck.

I am not sure I will be disappointed with 0-60 times of 5.8 sec but the more power the better. I would not be happy if this option came out months after the release of this car. I hope DC waits at least a year before adding this option so they don't turn off current customers. I would suspect this will place the car in the 45K range

Having been in contact with Whipple SC's I am guessing that they might have a deal in place with DC to provide the SC's for the SRT-8 since they were used on the test mules. They are not planning on releasing the completed kit until 2005 the earliest

300CHemi said:
I am not sure I will be disappointed with 0-60 times of 5.8 sec but the more power the better. I would not be happy if this option came out months after the release of this car. I hope DC waits at least a year before adding this option so they don't turn off current customers. I would suspect this will place the car in the 45K range
I was told in the low 40ish.

This is my point of those who are performance minded. I can only guess that there is only a 10-percent or less that will look for the SRT version.

The best place to gauge the performance on what to expect will be the next auto show. It may help those individuals in a decision to buy now or to wait. :thumbsup:

Damn. Too late. The order is in. If the car is as well received as I think it will be then a low milage model show still get a good trade next year in a swap for the SRT-8

..now if only I can turn up the PSI on the Supercharger... hmmmmmmmmmm

[/QUOTE]6.1ltr is what I had with a Viper tranny setup.
By "what you had " do you mean you have driven that beast? If so what kind of performace does it have and have you also tried the 300C for comparison?

Is Horsepower expected to be mid 400's? What kind of pricing do you expect?

Sorry, change it to be more comprehensable. Working off a makeshift office space.

The difference between the 300C and the SRT-8 Dodge sedan is night & day. :thumbsup:

Design wise, some of the old muscle folks will be disappointed but it is only a shell. The power plant, suspension, and other goodies is what I am looking too.

The HP is over the 400 mark and a rwd unit. I do expect it to be around the 30ish mark.

Well i guess you will be dissappointed because it will be avail at dealerships in october 2004 as a 2005 MY, sorry! The cost on the car will be about $5000 less than your guess.

300CHemi said:

yes the aftermarket kit will be sold as a mopar accesory also, they are saying 1st quarter but we all know how mopar parts division moves, slllloooowwww. The car though will be out much sooner, oct 2004

300CHemi said:
Having been in contact with Whipple SC's I am guessing that they might have a deal in place with DC to provide the SC's for the SRT-8 since they were used on the test mules. They are not planning on releasing the completed kit until 2005 the earliest

It will be the 6.1l in the charger, concept version will show at NY with a super charger but the final release will be a 6.1l no super, though it will be avail through mopar parts when they get around to it.

300CHemi said:
what engine set up do you think they will throw in the charger? You have to wonder if the "feared and respected" 426 will show up in the Charger.

Have you heard if they may increase an SRT-8 to a 6.1 ?

The concept charger will be in the neighborhood of 500hp (again this is with super) the release unit will be just over 400hp. also remember the hemi's (all 4 of the new hemi's) are drastically detuned in all the vehicles they are used in, in time as dcx needs more power the progie will change and the hp and torque will go up in both na and super configs.

hemidakota said:
Sorry, change it to be more comprehensable. Working off a makeshift office space.

The difference between the 300C and the SRT-8 Dodge sedan is night & day. :thumbsup:

Design wise, some of the old muscle folks will be disappointed but it is only a shell. The power plant, suspension, and other goodies is what I am looking too.

The HP is over the 400 mark and a rwd unit. I do expect it to be around the 30ish mark.

battle against time

well I guess I will wait for the Chrysler version and then trade up. I don't like the grill on the Dodge as much as the Chrysler and I suspect the grill on the SRT-8 will be closer to the Magnum.

One year with the 300C and then a trade up to a Monster 300C. I can live with that...the new version would not be too good for the winters in New England. Why hasn't any info on the SRT-8 been out yet? No spy shots?

21 - 40 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.