Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone please know how to black out the chrome reverse reflector on the LED tails. I'm trying to achieve the "blacked out" look and those damn :flame: chrome circles are ruining it for me. :buah:
somebody PLEASE HELP!

·
Premium Member
7,976 Posts
You will need to heat the housing and remove the lens, then you'll be able to paint it. I will warn, DO NOT heat the lens or get it hot. It will turn into a putty like surface and will deform very easily. Also be EXTREMELY careful when you go to pry the lens apart from the housing. It will snap without much warning and usually snaps across the middle or down by the lower inside corner. These has been a public service announcement. :lol:

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
crazyj72 said:
sheesh thats way to scary for me. I'll have to live with it I guess.
Or you could send it to HAK for a reasonable fee :lol: I mean lucent performance :readclose

·
Premium Member
7,976 Posts
Falbz said:
Or you could send it to HAK for a reasonable fee :lol: I mean lucent performance :readclose
nah I quit doing the tails because it just wasn't worth all the time, labor and risk involved.

Thats why I told him how to do it. I just wanted to warn him and others that want to do the mod, that its something you need to take great time in and practice patience patience patience :lol: . Also another thing to look out for is when your pulling off the lens, be sure to divide the sealant as your removing the lens from the housing. You'll need to puyll it away from not only the tail light but also away from the lens toward the outside of the housing. Getting the sealant on the bezel is no fun to remove and just prolongs the process :stab: :lol: . I am not trying to scare anyone away from doing it. i just wanted to give you all a heads up for what you'd be getting yourself into. I don't want to see threads popping up with people saying they cracked their lens or damamged the tail and no one tried to warn them or tell them how to do it. Once you've done a few its not so bad but the first few I did try to open, I did damage by cracking the lens :stab: :rofl: then I was like....:wah?!: so there just went $129 :lol:.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts