Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I believe that the term "Child Safety Windows" was coined after car makers discovered they COULDN'T make windows go all the way down in smaller cars (thanks to the rear wheel / shape of the door). I don't think child safety was ever a reall factor in that.

As for the lack of power - I thought this was an SRT-4 exclusive money-saving decision. But I looked in some SXTs and saw the same thing. No power rear windows.

It's still a Neon at heart - so it's not going to have the luxuries of other vehicles.

And there's no way to fix the windows not going down all the way unless you somehow lenghten the entire vehicle. However, if you do a search, you'll find that at least one company makes power conversion kits for the rear windows.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Or... you could just take that biotch out and put lexan windows in there and just take them out when you want the window down. If you do find lexan windows, let my ass know. I want to put my car on a diet besides just carbon this and strip that.
Justus

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
DubleDex said:
I believe that the term "Child Safety Windows" was coined after car makers discovered they COULDN'T make windows go all the way down in smaller cars (thanks to the rear wheel / shape of the door). I don't think child safety was ever a reall factor in that.

As for the lack of power - I thought this was an SRT-4 exclusive money-saving decision. But I looked in some SXTs and saw the same thing. No power rear windows.

It's still a Neon at heart - so it's not going to have the luxuries of other vehicles.

And there's no way to fix the windows not going down all the way unless you somehow lenghten the entire vehicle. However, if you do a search, you'll find that at least one company makes power conversion kits for the rear windows.
ya i know, i just got a kit in today. thats y i posted this thread to see if i can get it to go all the way down with my new power windows

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.