Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I had stage 1 and didnt tell the dealer and then took it off and put original ecu to, say warranty my engine or transmission ,what are the chances of them comparing the milage to the computer ,seriously .I have read about that happening to u guys. How many people have truely experinced this situation ? I want it so bad it is so tempting but I cant deal with my warranty being voided .My father and everyone I know thinks I should just do it ,what do you guys think?

·
Registered
153 Posts
I'd say the chances are low but why risk looking like you switched it out just to fool them? I'd be alot more nervous about them nipping warranty work in the bud after trying to pull one over on them, then I would if they saw I had the Stage 1 installed. Even after all the crap going on with Slaytanic's warranty.

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya Slaytanic is the one who ruined it for me. Is there ayone else this has happened to out there?

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats the thing I dont want to be honest over 10 hp stage 1 gain,thats all I want to install . I dont abuse or race my car ,I just want to open it up a little more it feels a little restricted.Its not like im doing a spring mod oir a bigger turbo and goin to the track or anything. If I were I would except the warranty void .
So. Do they really compare the milage or what?

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Hate to say it, but the only thing that can be said is it depends on your dealer. They all do things differently.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Im confused on what he's asking, and i read 10 pages of what happened to slatanic and im still not sure. Are you guys saying if you put stage 1 on your car, then before you get warranty work done you put your stock ecu back in they can tell?

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I just want to know what my chances are for me to go to the dealer for warranty work and I have had stage 1 and then removed it before I went in, put the stock ecu back in showing no evidence that anything had been swaped . What are the actuall chances for them to match the ecu miles with the miles on my odometer. How many of you have actually expierienced this situation ? :readclose

1 - 7 of 7 Posts