Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question about the Check Valve between the block and the battery. what does that thing do?

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
:WTF: there is no such thing :lol: did you mean the checkvalve on the vacuum lines running below the battery tray? that's so boost does not enter your gas tank ;)

·
Premium Member
3,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well mine is no longer below the battery tray. it in between the engine and the battery. but at least you get the idea. so where does it go?

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
A three way? Thats acutally a venturi tube , which provides vac to your gas tank under boost.

·
Premium Member
3,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i have a walbro. do i need this three way check valve. i have seen people just block it all together and wanted to know if that would be a bad idea in the long run.

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
i've blocked mine a long time ago with no issue, the factory boost leak that is.. simply capped the black line to the side of intake with a 1/4" ball bearing.. picked up a few couple horses too back in the s1 days :)

·
Premium Member
3,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok that is what i was looking for. just seeing if anybody has done this with no problems.

·
Registered
70 Posts
04TurboSRT said:
:WTF: there is no such thing :lol: did you mean the checkvalve on the vacuum lines running below the battery tray? that's so boost does not enter your gas tank ;)
Right the check valve keeps the boost from the gas tank while allowing the gas vapors to be pulled from the evap canister. The checkvalve needs to remain and the line needs to be connnected to a vaccuum source above the throttle body on the intake manifold. If you don't pull the vapors from the canister the PCM will give you a check engine light with a probable code of P0442.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts