Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
15x7.5x23 M&H Racemaster slicks. 15x7 Kosei K-1 wheels.

Note: I got the 23 inch slicks because Gary Donovan/Relentless Racing recommended them. But I'm thinking I may want to upgrade to the 15x8.5x24.5 slicks next time. What do you all think? Are any of you using slicks?

Dan R.

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
what offset i talked to Tirerack and i was looking at 15s for the Omni but also wanted to make sure the set i bought would fit an SRT and she said it wouldnt so i need the offset :twisted: looks evil :twisted:

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
acr2nv said:
what offset i talked to Tirerack and i was looking at 15s for the Omni but also wanted to make sure the set i bought would fit an SRT and she said it wouldnt so i need the offset :twisted: looks evil :twisted:
I got the Kosei's from Tirerack, but because of their stupid website that requires a car model, I put in 03 Dodge Neon SE. They fit fine. They're 15x7 with 38mm offset and a 5x100 bolt pattern.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I'm using those same slicks on my Shelby Charger. There is some debate over whether or not the wider slicks actually give more traction. I think you'll be happy with those. :)

Hey--what the -- :?: Is that DIRT I see on your car?

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mike B. said:
I'm using those same slicks on my Shelby Charger. There is some debate over whether or not the wider slicks actually give more traction. I think you'll be happy with those. :)

Hey--what the -- :?: Is that DIRT I see on your car?
Cool. Thanks.

Yeah... It's been raining. I'll wash it today, I promise. :wink:

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Hey Dan those look nice man. Do you know what total Cost was on those.. or atleast the slicks.. I think I may pick up a set..

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The slicks are $150 each. Shipping was $30, and they got to me in 2 days!!! So the total was $330.

Gary's a cool guy. He always take the time to answer my questions. He just assured me again that these are the right size to run.

http://www.relentlessracing.com/slicks.html

·
Super Moderator
6,317 Posts
Listen carefully, do not go to work, proceed directly to the track, do a huge burnout, THEN LAUNCH THAT MOTHER!!!!!!!! :twisted:

You, my friend, are my SRT-4 hero! :D

Enjoy them. :wink:

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
drolander said:
acr2nv said:
I got the Kosei's from Tirerack, but because of their stupid website that requires a car model, I put in 03 Dodge Neon SE. They fit fine. They're 15x7 with 38mm offset and a 5x100 bolt pattern.
wtf let me call TireRack right now!

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
So you are sure they are 15x7 in 38mm offset??

·
Registered
71 Posts
I personally don't think you need the wider slicks.

When are you running the car on the slicks? You are going to back the boost down a bit though for safety correct? You've run [email protected] already right on street tires? 12s, hopefully higher mph than what ATP got, I'd say close to 105mph. Prove me right!

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
i think he'll do good if he doesnt bust mounts :?

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
Cali and i went 50/50 on a set hes getting BFGs on his two wheels plus centercaps im just getting 2 wheels with centercaps :twisted: :roll: :wink:

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
RUgoinup said:
Listen carefully, do not go to work, proceed directly to the track, do a huge burnout, THEN LAUNCH THAT MOTHER!!!!!!!! :twisted:

You, my friend, are my SRT-4 hero! :D

Enjoy them. :wink:
:) Thanks, man.

I'm racing on Friday. Very excited about it. But a little nervous about the burnouts. I haven't done that before. Any advice? Do I want to pull the e-brake? Should I be in 1st gear? I've heard I should back out of the water box to keep the rear wheels dry, but I've never seen anyone do that. What do you think?

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
acr2nv said:
So you are sure they are 15x7 in 38mm offset??
Positive. I wasn't sure of the offset when I ordered them, I just knew that Vitor was using them so I went ahead. But I looked at them this morning. There's a sticker inside that says 38mm offset. And they are definitely 15x7 with a 5x100 bolt pattern.

Just enter in 03 Neon SE, and you'll see them listed.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
dragomni said:
I personally don't think you need the wider slicks.

When are you running the car on the slicks? You are going to back the boost down a bit though for safety correct? You've run [email protected] already right on street tires? 12s, hopefully higher mph than what ATP got, I'd say close to 105mph. Prove me right!
Whad'ya mean back the boost down for safety? I'm planning on cranking it up to 16+. Why wouldn't I?

1 - 20 of 63 Posts