Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stopped at a place to check on window tinting today. I had not been driving hard, nothing unusual. When I came back out the engine didn't fire right up. It took 3 attempts to get it started and the check engine light stayed on. I let it idle for a minute and everything seemed normal. Drove home with no problems. I didn't notice any decrease in performance so I took the negative cable off the battery for a few minutes to clear the light. After I hooked it back up the light stayed out. I drove over to a friend's house and back home later, still no light. Seems like it was a temporary glitch. If it comes back I'll post.

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
take it to autozone and see if you got a code.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not that worried about it for now. Here's how I see it: the car is brand new and the computer is still learning, not to mention trying to cope with the large swing in outside temperatures right now. The performance of the car was not affected as far as I could tell. I reset the computer and if it is a hard fault it will be back shortly. If it doesn't come back, no harm, no foul.

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
Dr. Who said:
cycle your key on and off 3 times, then back to the on/run position...

they engine codes will be displayed in the odometer readout (such as P1234).

goto www.obdii.com and decode them.
Linky no worky :shock:

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
linky do worky. :p

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
OK, you also need to watch the solid RED light above the check engine light if it won't start.

I have had a couple of times that it appears the "Sentry" key was not recognized, and the car wouldn't start. I would take out the key, reverse it, and start the car.

The Check engine light would remain on until reset (battery cable).

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just wanted to post an upate on this. I have not had any starting problems and the CEL has not come on since resetting the PCM.

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
I had the check engine light come on when driving on the freeway, tried to clear it - nothing. I cycled the ignition - got P1188. Since most codes that start with a 1 refer to air-flow and metering, I took it into the dealer. Seems a vacuum nipple on the intercooler had broken, and caused the engine to go into "overboost". Dealer replaced it, everything is all ok now.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I've had a p1188 a couple of times as well, but from the seems of driving, it feel any different. I know on my 18t when i overboost my car goes into a crappy mode, but not this SRT, i love this SRT, it just wants to go!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts