Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
need a little help here guys! My alternator is not charging. just put an engine in the car, ive checked the 4 grounds that i know of which are fine just replaced alternator, still no change. i did pull the connector off the back of the alt and checked voltage with key on and with engine running and got no voltage, im assuming this is the problem area. what else do i need to check or test to figure this out, car runs great just no charge could this be a pcm problem? thanks in advance any input is appreciated!!!

·
Premium Member
1,139 Posts
sounds like a bad alternator , with the car running whats the battery voltage ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
About the same 11.8 and drops I was thinking that to but wouldent that wire at least have a 12 volt reference? I'm gonna get the old one tested tomorrow also gonna try and just give it a hot wire and try and exite it manually. After that I'm out of ideas lol Has anyone had a PCM act up and do this?

·
Premium Member
1,139 Posts
um i wouldnt do that , just replace the alternator and be done

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
changed it already and no change just tested the old one and it checked out good as well im pretty sure the plug should have some kind of voltage a 12 volt ref at least does anyone know what its supposed to have? Also are there any other grounds im missing i counted 4?

·
Premium Member
4,824 Posts
start by checking over all of your power and ground cables. look for broken, missing, or corroded contacts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts