Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone think just welding on a race cat would free up lots of HP or any HP i dont want to much more noise in cabin and i think the stock exhaust is adaquit and dont want a whole new exhaust system.

·
Registered
340 Posts
ud prolly be the 1st to try.. also, try some ponctuation haha j/k, for real though.. im bored at work and i dont know anything.

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
19 psi : stock said:
tahnk u all for nothiung
Wow buddy...and you wonder why no one replies?

Simply bolting on a better cat into the stock exhaust system will not do much for performance IMO...maybe a couple HP and thats about it!

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
chill out bro. think about it. less restriction and better flow equals what? you might be the first to try but you could be starting a whole new thing. I just think that the stock exhaust is a little small verses a 3" exhaust

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
I dont have a downpipe installed, but a friend of my has, and is amazing how fast his turbo spools, for sure take out back pressure from the exhaust, by tthe way, hi is on the original exhaustt from the downpipe to the tips, and sounds very cool. For sure will give you some HP but not much. BUT you will have boost a bit faster.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
agreed with mike and mohillmopar. maybe mixing and matching different peices of exhaust would give you horsepower and not as much noise. just a thought though

·
Registered
5,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hmmmmm, I dont think I'm going to do it then. all I realy wanted was more pops and gurgles on down shfit and Idle rumble

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
if that is what you want then just hollow out your cat. you will throw an engine code though. kind takes out the resonators you might run rich. but it will get you more pops. o

·
Registered
5,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
e'ssrt4 said:
if that is what you want then just hollow out your cat. you will throw an engine code though. kind takes out the resonators you might run rich. but it will get you more pops. o
It's not worth constant throwing of codes and annoying engine lights.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
I feel the same way. thats why I am saving for a stage 1 or 2 pcm before I even think about messing with my exhaust. you could try mixing exhaust peices though.

·
Registered
5,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
e'ssrt4 said:
I feel the same way. thats why I am saving for a stage 1 or 2 pcm before I even think about messing with my exhaust. you could try mixing exhaust peices though.
exactly, s2 for me in january and then i'll think about the mpx exhaust. :thumbsup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts