Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a very simple Mod which can be installed in about 15min.

The Oil Catch Tank catches the oil and moisture in the blow-by gas that is directed into the intake manifold that causes carbon and sludge build-up in the intake system and in the engine. It keeps the engine clean even under hard driving conditions. It's also a nice looking unit.

In the pic below you can see the oil in the tygon line. If you noticed, it has a golden look to it. Im sure this will get alot worst after I drive around for a week. The tygon hose is a large diameter so I took the stock hose coming off the pcv valve and cut it. I then slipped the tygon hose over the stock hose to give me a tight fit. The fitting was nice and tight until the car got warm so since this picture, I have taken some clamps and added them on to ends.

If you look closely below, you can see the oil that dripped on my valve cover. This was only after driving about 50 miles or so.

The can has a site gauge on the side of it which will let you know when its time to empty it.

If you guys take a look at your FMIC rubber hose that goes into the intake, you will see it wet with oil where it connects to the FMIC. WHen i took my hose off, i had about 1 teaspoon of oil hiding in there. When you start boosting, expect to see more oil in the system.

Happy boosting!
Hec

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
where did jah buy that >> how much?

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Hey E.D., My PVC valve (I think thats what it is, right above the oil refill cap) is unscrewed about 1/2" out, and it is loose, I can spin it back and forth. But since there is a hose hookes up to it, it cant spin, also there is no oil any where around it, so its not coming out from there, should I tighten it, or leave it be? Also can you post a pic of where the oil would be gathering on the cold side of the intercooler, I have looked but dont know exactly what I am looking for.

Thanks
Steve

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
Pinche Gringo said:
Exhaust Depot said:
Its listed on my site. On sale now, $100,000. If you act now you get a free dash hula hula girl. :)
LOL!! That will be one of my first mods, if you wanna call it that. Thanks for the info and pics!!

Yeah, haven't you heard, the hula girl adds more hp than stickers.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
ouch $100 :(
sorry ive got a bunch of mods coming before that then :twisted:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hey EXHAUST DEPOT,

Looked at your site and product description. This one was my favorite..

"Also, you will have less emittions being that less oil is being burned."

I'd be concerned about a purchase??=] :D :D . Just pulling your leg, just trying to help you out

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ravencit said:
Hey EXHAUST DEPOT,

Looked at your site and product description. This one was my favorite..

"Also, you will have less emittions being that less oil is being burned."

I'd be concerned about a purchase??=] :D :D . Just pulling your leg, just trying to help you out
Did I ever tell you i beat up the spelling bee champ in grade school? :)

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
hahaha leave the guy alone! he makes neat stuff for the srt. pick on someone who deserves it :p (i know you're just kidding, so am i! give him hell! :p :p)

i'm still mad he didnt pick me up at the airport thursday :(

instead i had a cab driver who spoke in some strange language on a cell phone the whole time (jamaican??)

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
THe hose that goes from the throttle body to the discharge of the intercooler is where the oil accumulates. Thats where it hangs out, at the lowest point. The blowby oil gets dumped right behind the throttlebody then it seeps down past it. You can see the oil coming out around the clamp area where the hose connects to the FMIC (frontmount intercooler).

Hey wasp, I never heard you confirm anything about your dad taking us out to lunch so I bailed on you guys. :)

Actually at 10pm, the pressure was people and the carpet cleaning people came to my home to do some work.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
9 Participants
NoisufnoC
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing