Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
6,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, we'll use this thread as a "cars we have raced against and won" thread. I got 4 to add right now. Let's see how long this thread can get, just simply everytime you race a car and beat it, post it here along with by how badly you beat it. :lol:

1. Ford Lightning (from a stop I won by about 1/2 a car length to around 70)

2. Neon (not sure what kind, but I talked to him after and he had intake, exhaust, headers, cams, and a few other things, blew him away)

3. Celica (one of my friend's friends, has intake, exhaust, and a ton of other stuff, I'll ask him tomorrow, wasn't even close)

4. 2000 Camaro (one of my friends, has intake, exhaust, from 60 to about 100 he didn't stand a chance, and from 0-60 I won by about 5 car lengths)

:lol: :lol: :lol: oh and don't worry, I've already pretty much broken in my car, 650 miles and I just picked it up last friday, haha, keep the thread goin!!

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
nice kills :) Did you change your oil w/Mobil 1 yet? Your about due for that to get rid of the metal shavings and such that have collected in your oil filter. You car will also continue to get stronger for the next few hundred miles.

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
maybe one of the moderators, if they are still around :wink: , can add a kills section to the board.

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
You did not beat the new ford lightnings right? I know from driving my srt4 that it will not beat a lightning from the role or from the hole. Those trucks have alot of potential no doubt! 340 i think its rated at. When the owner of the forums (ekool) reads this he will raise the BS flag. :)

But anyways im heading up to orlando tomorrow and to tampa on wednsday. shoot me an email. [email protected]

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
i dont know about not beating a lightning.

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Garage/2745/specs.html

94 lightning (2003 srt-4)
240 hp / 340 lb-ft NOT AT THE WHEELS (srt-4 = 223hp/250 lb-ft AT THE WHEELS)
curb weight = 4500 # (2 and a quarter tons!!!) (srt-4 2970)
0-60 = 7.2 (srt-4 = 5.6)
0-100 = 25.7
1/4 = 15.6 @ 87.4 (srt-4 = 13.9-14.2 @ 99 - 103 mph)
5-60 = 7.3 (srt-4 = 5.5)
top speed = 110 (srt-4 = 153)
skidpad = .88 (srt-4 = .85)
60-0 braking = 143 feet (srt-4 = 119 feet)
fuel economy = 12 cuty/16 highway ( srt-4 = double that)

----------------------------------------------------

2001 lightning

How about a supercharged 5.4-liter V8, generating 380hp and 450 ft-lb of torque? (NOT AT THE WHEELS) 4600#

http://www.ford-trucks.com/specs/2001_lightning_1.html

0-60 mph 5.8 seconds
Quarter mile 13.9 seconds @ 100 mph
0-100 km/h 5.9 seconds
0-100-0 mph 22.0 seconds
Top speed 142 mph (228 km/h)
Braking, 60-0 mph 136 ft.
Braking, 80-0 mph 238 ft.
80 ft. slalom 63.6 mph
100 ft. skidpad 0.85g
Fuel economy (estimated) 13 mpg city 17 mpg highway

i fail to see how the srt-4 couldnt keep up?

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
I was gonna say something about that earlier, I kind of doubt that Lightning owner was trying. I've seen stock examples running low 13's and it is insanely easy to get those trucks in the 12's. Anyway, is that Camaro a V-6 or an 8?

-faast

·
Registered
30 Posts
Not to pee in anyones cheerios, but i have to agree with the BS on a lightning. You can change the pulley on those things and get 500hp easily with no other serious mods. Also, you should beat a v6 camaro, i don't believe a z28 though, they = low 13's. You will win some races, but i think if you go out with the expectation that you are driving a world beater you will be dissapointed (i.e. vettes, most stangs, z28, SS, trans am, WS6, etc.). not dogging the srt, and when i say you i mostly mean all srt4 drivers. And why are you quoting 1994 Lightning life? That's some old shit. Did they make Neons in 94? race those :lol:

·
Registered
6,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I'm not the driver of the Lightning, but as far as I could tell, he was definetely trying. And I read only this years are supercharged, the ones before aren't, a 2001 I believe it was does 0-60 in 5.8, and considering it's automatic and weighs 4,700 pounds, I believe that he was really trying, but who knows. The camaro was a v-6, he just had dual exhaust on it and new intake, pretty loud, oh yeah, add an RSX Type S to the list, wasn't even close, muahaha :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
remember this

The terminator TERMINATED mostly modded cars, all in the price range and even higher than his.

Can you imagine with MODS on the SRT?
300hp/300tq at the wheels will be a force to be reckoned with :lol:

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
Now are the opponents willing race participants, or does he think when someone passes him in traffic that they are trying to race? :lol:

I can't wait for mine to get here. I swear that public transit bus passes me every mornning, but next time, it's personal.

·
Registered
30 Posts
lightnings have been supercharged since the new body styles in 1999. they had 360hp/440tq now 380/450. and they're hard to tell apart :twisted:. with mods the srt should be able to hang with R1's and CBR929's and stuff. it will terminate everything! all other cars will explode upon seeing it...OH, THE HUMANITY!
BTW, now we have some "real" srt's out there, put one on a dyno and let's see if they're really making the power dodge claimed.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
svtguy said:
lightnings have been supercharged since the new body styles in 1999. they had 360hp/440tq now 380/450. and they're hard to tell apart :twisted:. with mods the srt should be able to hang with R1's and CBR929's and stuff. it will terminate everything! all other cars will explode upon seeing it...OH, THE HUMANITY!
BTW, now we have some "real" srt's out there, put one on a dyno and let's see if they're really making the power dodge claimed.

Yeah and they're only going to get more powerful. The next generation Lightnings are supposed to be pumping out well over 400hp. SRT's are great performance cars and all but I'm still skeptical, perhaps you had quite a big jump on him before he got on it? But I suppose it is possible. Anyway I was looking at Lightning specs, get this, the Lightning's rated gas mileage is 12/16, thats horrible!

-faast

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
DYNo

Mine will see the DYNO as soon as I get it and put 500 miles on it.
And I will post the charts.....thats if there is space to display it on your monitors..... :twisted:
svtguy said:

·
Registered
864 Posts
svtguy said:
Did you know the front end of the SRT is made of the same stuff as the space shuttle? It's that fast.

JC

·
Registered
118 Posts
Did you know the front end of the SRT is made of the same stuff as the space shuttle? It's that fast.

JC
Also has the same engine as your one your only the fastest DODGE CARAVAN. i can see where it gets its speed :eek:

·
Premium Member
784 Posts
Croation said:

JC
Also has the same engine as your one your only the fastest DODGE CARAVAN. i can see where it gets its speed :eek:
http://www.turbominivan.com/ :wink:

·
Registered
30 Posts
in light of recent events, i don't think it is very good to be made of the same stuff as the space shuttle. :( slo, we just need to colonize iraq, like the french say we want to, and then we can get all kinds of cheap gas and not worry about gas guzzling. i bet the srt doesn't get much better than that if you get on it b/c you need fuel to create horsepower, and with the srt pumping out well over 1,000hp, it needs alot of fuel.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
ppl may hate me for this but we just need to take over iraq and call it the federated state of exxon. those people are a menace (of course not the women and children just trying ot keep alive you know what im talking about). the whole situation over there is just f-cked.

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Not to change the subject........ :lol:

My SRT is going on the dyno saturday and I'll post the numbers saturday night. Should be pretty close to 800 miles by then.

·
Registered
6,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah and they're only going to get more powerful. The next generation Lightnings are supposed to be pumping out well over 400hp. SRT's are great performance cars and all but I'm still skeptical, perhaps you had quite a big jump on him before he got on it? But I suppose it is possible. Anyway I was looking at Lightning specs, get this, the Lightning's rated gas mileage is 12/16, thats horrible!

-faast[/quote]

Haha, when I was in the showroom at Fairbanks Dodge getting my srt they had about 6 Vipers in there, gas mileage......11/21, AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: Gonna see what others cars I might be able to race with, started off kinda slow, but I'll be ready to race some GT's and such before too long :twisted: , we'll see how many cars we can add to the list, muahaha

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
About this Discussion
40 Replies
21 Participants
Xerxes
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing