Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had the car for 3 weeks - I have heard you should not wax it in the first year - any truth to this? I desperately want to put a coat of Meguire's Gold Class on it - but the last thing I want is to somehow ruin it. Please - I need info!!!

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
I have heard after a fresh paint job you have to wait a few weeks before you can wax it but I think on a new car you should be fine

make sure u use a very soft cloth, you don't want swirls in the paint later on

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Well, let's see...I've had mine since Feb 14th and it's had 4 coats of the Meguire's Gold Class with no ill effects. But you do need to do any waxing carefully, especially if it's black.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I had mine for 3 weeks now and just put a coat of Meguires gold class on it. It didn't hurt it at all. I had the protective coating put on it too, so I couldn't even tell where I had waxed cause it was still so shiney.

·
Registered
867 Posts
There is no truth in that.
You shouldn't apply anythin to the paint after 72 hrs. after application.
If you bought your car at a dealership I'm sure you won't have the oppertunity to wax it before the paint fully dries. I'm going to apply a coat of glaze first then two coats of wax. Don't use any polishers on the car, unless you absolutely need to (deep scatches) if you do....use a white neon light to look at the clear coat/top-coat. you can see everything in the light and you maybe dissappointed in how many swirls you have.

Wax your car, it's the best thing for the paint.

-James

1 - 5 of 5 Posts